Question about power inverter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about power inverter.

i dont really know too much about this stuff, but heres my question...this weekend i plan on installing my speakers, my head unit and my LCD...i have the alpine cda-9815 and the clarion vrx630...im also gonna put PS2 in so i can watch dvd's and play games...i was planning on buying a power inverter, probably 200w, to power the PS2...now is there anything else i need to know, because i read a few posts about people getting interference on their LCD screens and they were told it was because of their power inverters...is it only a certain kind that does this? or was it because they werent powerful enough? how can i avoid this? because i really dont want to have the lines running through my screen...sorry for making this so long...thanks in advance

Originally posted by ecko43718
    i dont really know too much about this stuff, but heres my question...this weekend i plan on installing my speakers, my head unit and my LCD...i have the alpine cda-9815 and the clarion vrx630...im also gonna put PS2 in so i can watch dvd's and play games...i was planning on buying a power inverter, probably 200w, to power the PS2...now is there anything else i need to know, because i read a few posts about people getting interference on their LCD screens and they were told it was because of their power inverters...is it only a certain kind that does this? or was it because they werent powerful enough? how can i avoid this? because i really dont want to have the lines running through my screen...sorry for making this so long...thanks in advance
    the switching nature of an inverter causes it to produce alot of EMI and given the power wire, it has quite a means of broadcasting it... i don't know what a PS2 runs on for power, but if possible you'd be best off trying to go DC-DC to avoid interference.
    "Buckethead's this guy that was raised in a chicken coop and without the bucket on his head, he's helpless"

- "Really? Oh my god..."

Comment

DO NOT DOUBLE POST!!!!

~Mike
      Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
      PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
      2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Working...
      X