Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra battery to keep computer alive during startup + amp pikes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Extra battery to keep computer alive during startup + amp pikes?

    I know people have build circuits with an extra battery to keep your computer alive during ignition, has anyone incoperated that along with to keep your car ampilifer from peaking out (lights dimming?)

    -MAtt

  • #2
    lots of people use capacitors to keep the lights from dimming when the heavy bass cuts in in high powered systems. Could that work for this situation?
    Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
    Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by brrman
      lots of people use capacitors to keep the lights from dimming when the heavy bass cuts in in high powered systems. Could that work for this situation?

      ya i know they use caps. I'm just saying, you already have an extra battery there, why not use that too for your amp. I'm pretty sure you can just wire it just like a cap. In parrelle.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by slboytoy
        I know people have build circuits with an extra battery to keep your computer alive during ignition, has anyone incoperated that along with to keep your car ampilifer from peaking out (lights dimming?)

        -MAtt

        My amplifiers are also powered by my second battery, that way I have all my high-current electronics on the secondary battery, so it can run down but the car will still start just fine,,
        My OLD Carputer: http://www.mp3car.com/node/18137
        Currently, Don't have a carputer :( I sold my lincoln and bought a '93 Acura Vigor, plan on putting a carputer in it one of these days. You can see my vigor at: This Site

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MeanGT
          My amplifiers are also powered by my second battery, that way I have all my high-current electronics on the secondary battery, so it can run down but the car will still start just fine,,

          So how is your setup?? Is your second battery just wired in parraelle with your main one?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by slboytoy
            So how is your setup?? Is your second battery just wired in parraelle with your main one?

            No, my second battery is isolated using a battery isolator, that way the alternator charges both batteries, but they are used independantely from each other.
            My OLD Carputer: http://www.mp3car.com/node/18137
            Currently, Don't have a carputer :( I sold my lincoln and bought a '93 Acura Vigor, plan on putting a carputer in it one of these days. You can see my vigor at: This Site

            Comment


            • #7
              I too use a dual battery setup, works like a charm. The second battery is only connected to the first when the engine is running/ignition on. I can leave my stereo running till the 2nd battery is flat and still start the car... another bonus is when you leave your lights on (doh) and your main battery is flat you can just swap in the 2nd battery and away you go.

              This is the one I used... in Oz as kit but should be easy to find.

              http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...uct/View/K3212

              Comment

              Working...
              X