here's a 12V Regulator for yall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here's a 12V Regulator for yall

I have this running on my system. It does survive a crank.

12-24V adjustable 5A regulator

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2565

it goes input 7-14DC output 12V. equates to 60Watts

Do you make this ???
    ALIBABA - I30 99
    Nemiah M10000, C134
    DVD, 40Gig, 256MB DDR
    GPS, OBD 2, Reverse Cam
    Mute on stereo w I300 car kit
    Liliput 7in w usb touch screen
    Direct connect with BOSE-CD changer

Comment

Well, thats pretty cool, but I can't think of a use for it. I was looking something to variably reduce voltage at one time. Do you know of something like that?
      Stop Buying New Music CD's.
      Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

no i'm not the seller i just found it on ebay.

what u mean variably reduce? this thing take 7-14 input and 12 regulated output.

Comment

Can you please provide the following info

1) what type of motherboard you are using
          2) what power supply do you use
          3) what devises ( HD CD rom) etc do yu have on your system
          4) how long have you been using this
          5) Any one looking to do a group buy

Have a nice day
          ALIBABA - I30 99
          Nemiah M10000, C134
          DVD, 40Gig, 256MB DDR
          GPS, OBD 2, Reverse Cam

Comment

"Please note that we also have these built in a nice enclosure, with increased power handling (90 watts)for only $10 more. "

So if I get that it should be able to power up mini-box's PW-70A in my car with no problems? This will go in my VIA M10000 btw.
            2006 Nissan 350Z 6MT
            M10000; 120GB 7200RPM HDD
            512 DDR; 7" Touchscreen LCD; CoPilot

Comment

I for one wouldn't mind having a closer look. It seems to be built with standard components so I don't think it would be too hard to reproduce (although it is hard to make an accurate judgement until I find out what chips are used). I am also intrigued with the increase in wattage when the board is inclosed.

Krystar: You say you have one, any chance on getting some info on the components that are used? Website for the company / person that makes it?
              Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

I have since contacted the company about a Group Buy, just in case we can't reproduce ourselves. I was told when purchasing a quantity of 10+ the 90w units with enclosure would be $35 plus shipping. Only seems to be saving $5-10 per unit. They also mentioned they only have few in stock and would have to order more to fill a quanity order and shipping would be 4-6 weeks. If anyone is interested let me know. I'd probably have to $40 for them, but hell we are keeping it in the family

Comment

I was looking for a device that would take a 12v input and you could reduce the output to say 9v. Or something along those lines. I don't really need it anymore, was just curious.

Originally posted by krystar
                  no i'm not the seller i just found it on ebay.

what u mean variably reduce? this thing take 7-14 input and 12 regulated output.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

lets not all of us contact them as that might jack up the price... I got a quote for 25 + shipping for 60 W lead time 2 weeks.
                    I have asked them a few more questions... and will not contact them again so that we do not make a demand supply situation........ We can easily come up with the qty required and then approch only once .....
                    ALIBABA - I30 99
                    Nemiah M10000, C134
                    DVD, 40Gig, 256MB DDR
                    GPS, OBD 2, Reverse Cam

Comment

Originally posted by chut
                      I was looking for a device that would take a 12v input and you could reduce the output to say 9v. Or something along those lines. I don't really need it anymore, was just curious.
                      At what kind of current? LM317 is an adjustable linear regulator that might do what you want.
                      Old Systems retired due to new car
                      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

I don't know the current rate yet. I was looking for a way to power a 9v device from the 12v current from my car.

Originally posted by Rob Withey
                        At what kind of current? LM317 is an adjustable linear regulator that might do what you want.

Comment

i'll take a pic of it during lunch. it didn't look like that many components. i think four capacitors and some chip or something has a heatsink on it

Comment

the chip w/ the heatsink is 1RL2203N. i can take pics all day but someone has to draw up the schematics
                            Attached Files

Comment

The 8 pin DIL chip that has it's numbers scratched off in your photo doesn't on the ebay photo. Looks like a MAX1771, and the circuit is probably a boost regulator. Plenty of threads around about this chip.

Rob
                              Old Systems retired due to new car
                              New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Working...
                              X