hand made power supply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand made power supply

Is there anyone who build a power for his carputer?
    i am searching the best schematic to try it ..
    help please

and a question .. do via boards need -12V? if not why is dc-ac-dc ..dc-dc isn't enough?

Originally posted by dob
    Look at the Sproggy. It is the best build it yourself power supply. Mastero is your man for kits,etc.
    Also look at the mpbs1 from Zootjeff. it isn't a build it yourself but it's also another option.

remember is your friend ( been wanting to use that smile )
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Or just wait till someone like me posts http://www.sproggy.freeserve.co.uk for quick link. :} (i think thats the url yall want)

Comment

Originally posted by dob
        Yep.

Originally posted by dob
        help please
        I have built two different designs. Schematics and pictures of both on my site. They are low power and only supply +5v and +12v though. May or may not be what you are looking for.
        Old Systems retired due to new car
        New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

" Search "

Comment

tested with EPIA?

10q gays )
            Anyone testing this with EPIA boards?

Comment

My current 12V system uses a MAX724 to step the voltage down to 9V @ 5A and then a LM2587T-12 to boost the 9V upto [email protected] I have tested this circuit with 2x3.5" HDD's and a CD-ROM, which peaked at ~3A during startup and level to 1.5A during normal operation.

I am currently creating PCB layouts and the like (made on versa strip board at the moment). This MAX724 is basically the same as the MAX787 (5V) and MAX788 (3.3V) chips used in the latest sproggy, infact the a pin identical so you could 'mod' a sproggy PCB with little problem (just dont run anything else off the 9V line as you need its amperage).

The beauty of this system is you can set the step-down voltage to just about anything (upto minimum input voltage), the lower the voltage the lower the amps avaliable on the 12V line. So if your car only ever dips to 10.5V during startup you can step-down to 10V and boost to [email protected], or maybe step-down to 7V and boost to [email protected] if your battery voltage stoops to low and reboots the machine, all by changing a single resistor (R1A/R1B). [two resistors used to allow greater precision on output and create maximum flexibility on designed pcb]

Gizz
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X