No announcement yet.

Anyone know Standby Voltage/Amperage?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know Standby Voltage/Amperage?

Hi, I am going to make a special circuit that will shut down my inverter, yet still supply enough voltage/current from the battery to keep my computer in Standby mode when I shut it down.

My question is this, does anyone know what voltages are required to keep the mainboard in standby mode? I am guessing off the top of my head is that it is 5v, but it might also need the 3.3v line. Also does anyone know how many watts a mainboard draws when in standby mode?

When I get this setup working, I will post a schematic for it. My goal is that eventually I can leave my carpc in standby mode for 24+ hours, so that everything just pops back up when I turn the car back on . The hibernation thing just isn't working for me, it only works 1/3 of the time.
    My OLD Carputer:
    Currently, Don't have a carputer :( I sold my lincoln and bought a '93 Acura Vigor, plan on putting a carputer in it one of these days. You can see my vigor at: This Site

Check out the power simulator at the - they claim its 140 mA @ 5V, or 0.70W for the M10000.