Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC reboots during starting of car - will this work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC reboots during starting of car - will this work?

Hi,

Sorry for this question. I know it's been ask a million times. I've been searching on here for the last hour. It seems really complicated to me. I'm looking for a really cheap and easy solution to keeping my pc powered during cranking. I've heard of these tank circuits but they seem to confusing.

Will this capacitor from ebay work for me? it's a .5 ferad for 20 bucks. seems and looks easy to hook up and 20 bucks is right up my alley. Just don't want to buy it and find out my pc still shuts off when I start my truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=18797

Thanks !!!

Originally posted by topache
    Hi,

Sorry for this question. I know it's been ask a million times. I've been searching on here for the last hour. It seems really complicated to me. I'm looking for a really cheap and easy solution to keeping my pc powered during cranking. I've heard of these tank circuits but they seem to confusing.

Will this capacitor from ebay work for me? it's a .5 ferad for 20 bucks. seems and looks easy to hook up and 20 bucks is right up my alley. Just don't want to buy it and find out my pc still shuts off when I start my truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=18797

Thanks !!!
    Just build yourself a tank circuit. Its not that hard, just order the parts from digikey. You just need a 22000uF cap and a MBR3045 Diode. The .5 Farad cap is too much, you might fry your psu when it discharges.

Comment

I am not sure what your setup is but mine didn't start when cranking (up to 5 sec cold start).
      I wire a 4GA wire directly to the inverter and have a relay control the inverter's ON/OFF switch.
      Did the inverter's low power alarm beep when cranking? Mine doesn't.
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by Alphared
        Just build yourself a tank circuit. Its not that hard, just order the parts from digikey. You just need a 22000uF cap and a MBR3045 Diode. The .5 Farad cap is too much, you might fry your psu when it discharges.
        Are there instructions online to building this? I searched digikey and it turned up nothing.
        HomePage and Mp3Car Setup

Comment

Working...
        X