Question regarding Mini-Box PW-70 & ITPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Mini-Box PW-70 & ITPS

I know you guy's must love all the configuration questions you must get, mine is as follows:

I currently have a system comprised of:

2.5" Laptop Drive
    M9000 board
    Hauppauge WinTV (TV/Radio) PCI card
    2 x 30mm fans
    1 x 60mm fan
    Delorme USB GPS unit
    USB Touch Screen
    Storix external USB 2.0 DVD/CDRW
    128Mb USB 2.0 removable stick

I currently also power a 7" LCD of my current power supply.

So my question is will the PW-70 & ITPS combo be sufficient to power all minus the LCD? (I tried the power calculator, but it has no option for PCI devices)

i think it would be fine ... even with the lcd ...

but don't take my word for it ...
    My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Yes, it should be fine, but they also make a 100W for only $5 more.

Pv

Comment

Originally posted by paulpv
        Yes, it should be fine, but they also make a 100W for only $5 more.

Pv
        But he mentioned that he was using the ITPS ... which means he's only going to get 60W fet to the power supply. So using a 70w ps or a 100w ps would make no difference unless he bypassed the voltage regulator of the itps.

The ITPS uses a LM1084IT-12 to regulate power, which gives out a max 5a at 12v.
        My JeepPC Install

Comment

and looking at the specs on mini-box's site the difference between the PW-70 and PW-70a is all in the 12v rail. PW-70 offers 1.5A on the 12v rail, while the PW70a offers 6a on the 12v rail.

so when using all laptop drives there's no difference between the two.
          My JeepPC Install

Comment

If the Fans were 12v then it would make a big difference.

I am running a

Nehmediah
            ATI AIW 7500 (VE)
            Laptop drive
            slim slotload CDrom

That runs just fine with the PW-70 powersupply...it runs all the time.

I think it would do just fine, it kinda depends on how much power the fans draw, and how much power that cdrom draws.

Also remember that the 12vdc is not regulated (the way I understand it anyway) so you are not gaining anything by running the LCD off the PW-70. Just run it off your ITPS.
            current projects

Comment

Originally posted by DodgeCummins
              If the Fans were 12v then it would make a big difference.

I am running a

Nehmediah
              ATI AIW 7500 (VE)
              Laptop drive
              slim slotload CDrom

That runs just fine with the PW-70 powersupply...it runs all the time.

I think it would do just fine, it kinda depends on how much power the fans draw, and how much power that cdrom draws.

Also remember that the 12vdc is not regulated (the way I understand it anyway) so you are not gaining anything by running the LCD off the PW-70. Just run it off your ITPS.
              do yu regulate your 12v before powering the PW-70? If not ... do the fans just run a little fast?
              My JeepPC Install

Comment

Mine runs off a 12v adapter...like a laptop adapter. So the 12v is regulated...and right now I don't have any fans.

Besides this isn't in my vehicle anyway.
                current projects

Comment

Working...
                X