Ok im a newb but wouldnt this work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok im a newb but wouldnt this work?

simply go here http://www.deluo.com/Merchant2/merch...tegory_Code=GA and buy that, then gut out adapter end and hardwire it too your dc system? maybe add a switch to prevent dead batteries? Lemme know why this would or wouldnt work thanks :P

It's low power (only 100W) - you better hope your system doesn't use much juice.
    Other than that it's just an inverter, and it should work.
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Originally posted by audiphreak
      simply go here http://www.deluo.com/Merchant2/merch...tegory_Code=GA and buy that, then gut out adapter end and hardwire it too your dc system? maybe add a switch to prevent dead batteries? Lemme know why this would or wouldnt work thanks :P

nope, that is an inverter, designed for low power AC appliances.
      4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

It's just an ordinary inverter and nothing special about it but small size.
        You can get one for about the same price with much higher output and a little bigger than that. Go with the Xantrex Micro Power.
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

It might work... but you'll need a much more powerful unit than that. I currently have a 350W Power inverter... and it seems still not to be enough especially in the cold. I am regretting investing the money in the power inverter rather than the DC-DC PSU. I plan on purchasing a DC-DC power supply soon because of the problems I've had w/ the inverter.

I get a lot of noise because of the inverter!! So my opinion is don't waste your cash and invest it in a DC-DC
          New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

I picked up at 400 - 800peak inverter at my local advace auto parts for $20, it was a open box object and had another managers special on it! Nice deal havn't got to try it yet tho
            CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
            Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

Working...
            X