Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions Please

Hi,
    I have got myself a setup of a VIA EPIA M10000 motherboard and am wondering if someone can help me with what parts i need to buy.
    What i want to do is just connect minimal cables (not boxes) into a PSU and that runs off my car battery. EG Connect a ground and power wire - i dont want a convertor or anything
    Can i connect 2 cables to the PW70 and it will work ?
    Also where can i buy these products ??
    Anywhere in Australia ??

I think you will need a wire going from the Opus to the motherboard for hotswitch. If you do not have a monitor, you will need to buy one. For sound you can either wire directly to amps, or you can wire it to your head unit or use a FM modulator / transmiter. Really tho it all depends on where you are putting your motherboard for minimal wiring, for instance you will be using alot of wire if you mount it in the trunk whereas if you put it in the glove box then you will be able to hide all the wires. So decide where you are going to mount it.
    CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
    Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

If you decide to go the PW power supply route check out my thread. I have one for sale.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20180
      EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

Comment

what i am looking at doing is just connecting power to the mainboard - i have a screen and amp etc (even though i am not sure how to output the sound yet) just wondering my smallest solution to get the power - dont wanna use the large convertors - can i just wire a power and ground ?

Comment

Yes, with the itps and pw-60a you would wire the power suppply to the itps and the itps to a 12v power source and ground. You can also wire another cable to your ignition for automatic startup when your car starts.
          EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

Comment

will the pw60a work in my motherboard or will i need the pw70a ? its a m10000 ?
            What does the ITPS do ? just that conversion and is this thing where i would connect the ignition ?

Comment

Yes, the pw70a will work with the m10000.

The ITPS is a 12v regulator, it keeps the power supply voltage regulated so that you don't mess up your computer. It also works as a shutdown controller.

You can get the full specs at www.mini-box.com

Comment

Working...
              X