Problem with Keypower PSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Keypower PSU

Anyone else have this problem with their Keypower dc-dc psu? Upon turning on the psu it powers up fine, but shut it down and try to restart it and we get nothing. Even after waiting a good while, turn it on and still get nothing. It's a random hit-or-miss with this thing now. Me and my trusty Fluke meter looked over the board and as best as I can tell there's no loose solder joints and no burnt-circuitry smell. I figure a cap might be going, but they seem to test fine. I've had this psu for 3+ years. Not a bad run, eh? Well, any ideas are appreciated. (I know, I know...but I'd rather not spend for an Opus now!)
    P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

You sure it isn't the mobo?

How are you testing it?
    SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
    GPSing - Digital Speedo
    Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
    Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Working...
    X