motherboard connectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motherboard connectors

Right i have a M10000 motherboard setup, and i dont want to buy a case to get the power button and led connectors. Basically i want the connectors that connect to where the motherboard on/off and HD LED connectors are, i have tried maplins and didnt get much help.

Does anyone know a UK supplier for these sorts of things?

Any help appreciated

Adrian

Cpc do everything like this...

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/

But it is just a standard switch, in testing (all components stripped out on desk) i normally boot a computer by shorting the pins with a screwdriver!! so you could just get any switch and connect it with wires and 'bodge it'.

Comment

or i thought u meant the switches and not the lights!!! the above still applies minust the screwdriver

Comment

Yaaay!

Originally posted by Blop
        Cpc do everything like this...

http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/

But it is just a standard switch, in testing (all components stripped out on desk) i normally boot a computer by shorting the pins with a screwdriver!! so you could just get any switch and connect it with wires and 'bodge it'.

You rock! hehe I just got all my parts in for my carputer, but didn't order a case or any switches. I would not have gotten much sleep tonight if I hadn't just shorted the pins with a screwdriver to turn it on.
        1997 Honda CR-V
        Audio::Custom Speaker Box:/:2x10" Rockford Fosgates:/:Sony Xplod amp
        Computer::Epia M10000:/:Deluo GPS:/:Lilliput 7":/:802.11g:/:In a shoebox
        Software::FrodoPlayer + Destinator3

Comment

Originally posted by divinity
          You rock! hehe I just got all my parts in for my carputer, but didn't order a case or any switches. I would not have gotten much sleep tonight if I hadn't just shorted the pins with a screwdriver to turn it on.

hi Divinity,

Can you tell me what buttons you ordered to act like an on button and reset button please? as ive been looking for ages to find one and cant see which is the best to buy?

Thanks

Dank_amy

Comment

any "momentary pushbutton" should work for a power on or reset button
            ^ that's the term you want to for
            http://www.arizonasportcompacts.com

Comment

Originally posted by dank_Army
              hi Divinity,

Can you tell me what buttons you ordered to act like an on button and reset button please? as ive been looking for ages to find one and cant see which is the best to buy?

Thanks

Dank_amy
              I found an old power button off of a mac G3 system I no longer was using, and thanks to a bit of shaving with a razor blade it fit the pins on the motherboard. But like cherub said, any momentary switch will work. you don't want a toggle switch that turns the flow on and off, just one that completes the circuit when you push and breaks it when you let off.
              1997 Honda CR-V
              Audio::Custom Speaker Box:/:2x10" Rockford Fosgates:/:Sony Xplod amp
              Computer::Epia M10000:/:Deluo GPS:/:Lilliput 7":/:802.11g:/:In a shoebox
              Software::FrodoPlayer + Destinator3

Comment

I've seen people use doorbells even.

Comment

Originally posted by kami333
                  I've seen people use doorbells even.
                  Making passengers ring a bell before letting them into your car seems a bit petty!
                  Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
                    Making passengers ring a bell before letting them into your car seems a bit petty!
                    You're not making any sense.
                    http://www.arizonasportcompacts.com

Comment

Working...
                    X