Opus all the way!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus all the way!

First off, I've got no connections to Kris and Opus in any way.

I gotta say, I'm blown away by how small the 150W Opus dc/dc psu is. Secondly, Kris and his guys know about customer service. Nice folks and they came through with my shipment as requested. I highly recommend Opus to anyone looking for a great, small, dc/dc psu.
    P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

can't wait for mine... should be shipping today
    Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
    Mods: Yep
    Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

I am ordering mine thursday. Woohhooo. All i need now is a touch screen and a hard drive and i am rockin' and rollin'
      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Mine should be coming today also...

Comment

So you are using the 150 watt Opus to power all that including the LCD??? Please let me know!

Thanks

Comment

well.. mine's sittin right next to me on my desk.. can't wait to install it
            Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

Originally posted by 00CericaRuss
              well.. mine's sittin right next to me on my desk.. can't wait to install it
              I use mine to power
              harddive, motherboard, celeron 1.3, 256 pc100 ram, mouse LCD, DVD, TV, antenna, GPS
              and still have power left over!
              BossTone74

Comment

What's the price for the Opus PSU?

Thx

derfritz

Comment

$150.00
                  New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

i just threw mine in at lunch
                    i'm powering off the 150w
                    m9000
                    512mb ram
                    slim slot dvd
                    notebook drive
                    xenarc
                    2 composite screens
                    remote turn on for amp
                    usb wifi
                    dlink radio
                    sb audigy2 nx
                    kb/mouse
                    and so far so good... i need a manual though cuz i'm not sure how to get the auto power on/off to work (haven't had enough time to wait to see if it happens, or if it's set to a long time)

Comment

doh... i called kris at opus, he sent me a manual after i already installed it and told me i have the power button wire reversed most likely (the one that goes from the psu to mobo for startup/shutdown)... at least it's an easy fix

on a sidenote, all my interference in my screen is now gone and the picture is very solid.. gotta love regulated 12v

Comment

Good to hear that your problems are solved with the Opus. The PC stays on during crank now right?
                        NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                        If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

hehe.. they weren't problems, just me trying to install the thing on my lunch break along w/making a 2ft atx power cable.

computer's working great... goes in and out of standby perfectly in under 10 seconds, i can crank the engine w/the pc on, all my devices come back... i love it

only issue i have now is that it's all just sorta sitting on my passenger side floor (since the computer's in the glovebox) and my usb audigy2 nx resets itself to 100% volume whenever it comes out of standby... my current workaround, hit pause before getting out... lol

Comment

Working...
                          X