Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

powerchute software which supports serial?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerchute software which supports serial?

Does anyone have an older version of powerchute which supports a serial ups.

I downloaded the latest version and when i try to run it it says can't find the usb device and quits.

I'm running winxp.
    http://www.blakerobertson.com

I have an old shutdown controller that was designed by someone on the forums about 4 years ago.

He designed it to work with APC Powerchute Plus. My problem is finding a version of APC Powerchute which will run on winxp.

When i attempt to install "APC PowerChute Personal Edition" i get an error message saying: "The installer is unable to locate an APC battery backup connected to your computer. Please check your USB connections and try again."

Does anyone have an archived version of APC that would run on winxp and supports serial or does anyone know of some alternate software which works the same way.

Apparently WinXP has native support for UPS but i believe it's only for USB types. When i go to Control Panel -> Power Options i do not have the UPS tab. Anyone had any luck using the UPS for winxp with serial?
    http://www.blakerobertson.com

Comment

Originally posted by blak3r
      I have an old shutdown controller that was designed by someone on the forums about 4 years ago.

He designed it to work with APC Powerchute Plus. My problem is finding a version of APC Powerchute which will run on winxp.

When i attempt to install "APC PowerChute Personal Edition" i get an error message saying: "The installer is unable to locate an APC battery backup connected to your computer. Please check your USB connections and try again."

Does anyone have an archived version of APC that would run on winxp and supports serial or does anyone know of some alternate software which works the same way.

Apparently WinXP has native support for UPS but i believe it's only for USB types. When i go to Control Panel -> Power Options i do not have the UPS tab. Anyone had any luck using the UPS for winxp with serial?
      Yes! All the ones listed under my UPS tab ask for a serial port! I use the custom one to shut the pc down.
      Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Working...
      X