PW70a and ITPS in the house?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW70a and ITPS in the house?

I want to test the PSU and ITPS in my house cause my car is not wired up yet...anyone know how. Sorry...if this was asked before....

I put a thread up call "pw70 test run" you can try searching for that. But as for the ITPS, I don't think you can test that outside of a car.
    My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
    2 Kicker Comp 10"
    Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
    Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
    Check it out?!

Comment

yeah you can just clamp the oposit end of the trigger wire from the itps to the power and then un hook the thing and it will shut down

Comment

I've ran the ITPS and PW70 from a car charger when working on it in house. At first I was kind of leary but I haven't had any problems with it. The ITPS will shutoff if it doesn't like the voltage it's getting.

Comment

Originally posted by adamis
          I've ran the ITPS and PW70 from a car charger when working on it in house. At first I was kind of leary but I haven't had any problems with it. The ITPS will shutoff if it doesn't like the voltage it's getting.
          LOL dude that's perfect. Hey a quick question... did u just snip the DC plug end off of your pw70a>?
          My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
          2 Kicker Comp 10"
          Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
          Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
          Check it out?!

Comment

Go to radio shack and you can find a jack that will plug into that DC plug. Then you can strip the wires on that jack and use that. I kept the DC jack becaue it's an easy way to disconnect things when pulling the system out of the car.

Comment

Working...
            X