Remote Power Up/Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Power Up/Down

Hi I am new to this site but have been looking though these threads for a while now. I have just installed my first Car PC and everything runs great. I have a XENARC MP-LT1 under the passenger seat and have built the 7" Lilliput Touchscreen Monitor into the dash. I am looking for a way to power up / power down the PC without having to hit the power button. It would great if I could power by remote so that it would be up and running before I get to the car. As I am not an electronics genius I am looking for the easiest way to do this. I have been reading about the Just Cooler RF Remote Control Power Switch. Does anyone have an idea for me.
    SwissMiss

Most motherboards have an option in the BIOS for something like "Resume state after power loss" or something like that, if you change that option to always on,, when you re-supply power to it, it should kick on,,

(this is of course assuming that you have a switched power wire going to the pc)
    My OLD Carputer: http://www.mp3car.com/node/18137
    Currently, Don't have a carputer :( I sold my lincoln and bought a '93 Acura Vigor, plan on putting a carputer in it one of these days. You can see my vigor at: This Site

Comment

Thank you. I will give it a try.
      SwissMiss

Comment

Working...
      X