X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastero Mk-3.5 & Mk-3.6

Hello Friends,

The Mk-3.5 is here.

Mk-3.5 uses max chips (787cck & 788cck) TO-220 package orLinear chips (LT1074CT) TO-220 package with resistors.

Input 8~40
    Output as the Mk3.0 but the +12v uses Lm2587T-12 in boost mode with internal switching of 5 amps max.

Flaw found and rectified. MK-3.6 does not exist. Download the below file for further information

This PSU fits perfectly in a normal ATX psu case.

Tested the PSU works great Booted a Fv24 , WD 40gig & a CDrom no problem

Things to come:

The kit version of MK-3.5 shall have everything but the following

MAX766, MAX787, MAX788 , Lm2587T-12

Everything includes Heatsink and the Inductors also,

MK-3.5

Pcb Layout
    IMPORTANT ISOLATE ALL THE IC ON THE HEATSINK

Cheers
    Mastero

Edit: nevermind, I see now that you mean Linear as a company, not a regulator type. They are still switching regs.

Doesn't the LM 2587T-12 require a transformer (T6) to work properly?

Comment

Originally posted by none
      Edit: nevermind, I see now that you mean Linear as a company, not a regulator type. They are still switching regs.

Doesn't the LM 2587T-12 require a transformer (T6) to work properly?

The LM2587T-12 requires a transformer in the flyback mode but i am using it in the Boost mode... with internal 5amp switching capability...

Vote:~ Onboard fuse holder ??

Cheers
      Mastero

Comment

Originally posted by Mastero
        The LM2587T-12 requires a transformer in the flyback mode but i am using it in the Boost mode... with internal 5amp switching capability...

Vote:~ Onboard fuse holder ??

Cheers
        Mastero

I'd say yes to the fuse holder.

I'm curious why you have chosen to go with the boost method rather than the flyback. At first glance I thought it might provide a lower component count, but then I realized that you need to build a whole extra 5v rail to provide the input to it. Isn't the flyback method more efficient?

I think you could get away with one PCB for both versions, just swap some resistors for jumpers.

Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by none
          I'd say yes to the fuse holder.

I'm curious why you have chosen to go with the boost method rather than the flyback. At first glance I thought it might provide a lower component count, but then I realized that you need to build a whole extra 5v rail to provide the input to it. Isn't the flyback method more efficient?

I think you could get away with one PCB for both versions, just swap some resistors for jumpers.

Great work!
          The flyback method gets us again to the Transformer thing hard to get etc..... so the boost method is simple and good ...

The 5v rail is at 10 amps so better for the Mobo and other stuff the 12v rail is not going to use 5 amps 24/7 so there shall be more juice at the 5v rail which is a good side ...

As for the one pcb .. hmm i guess the jumper thing can work .. i shall give it a taught...

Cheers
          Mastero

Comment

What are the Maxim Chips package type? and how many of each are needed?
            When will you have kits available?

Comment

Originally posted by Twizted
              What are the Maxim Chips package type? and how many of each are needed?
              When will you have kits available?

Read above for the package.

Kits shall be out soon.

Cheer
              Mastero

Comment

Do you know around the price range for this?
                Also I am thinking I will use this (if I can get it) in unison with the Opus 150 by useing the opus to power my Motherboard and HDD and using the MK 3.5 to power the other devices such as DVD-rom, monitor, fans ect... is this possible to have the MK 3.5 turn on with proper timing boot extra HDD's and DVD-rom and not cause flaws?

Comment

Yes you can but might meed some modification.

Mastero

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...842#post157842

Check it out

Mastero

Comment

I need a psu for my computer and I was waiting for MK3.5, but the kit is definitely too expensive for me so I thought that I could buy just the PCB from Mastero. I have some heat sinks and the inductors so I could maybe save a little.

There is a component list for the Sproggy MK3.5 in the classified section. Most of it seems like easy to get stuff, but can I get all the parts except the inductors from a normal electronics shop? I guess I need to buy that Lm2587 chip separately or order as a sample.

Or should I just buy MK2.8+ or MK3.0 kit or are you Mastero even selling those anymore?
                      Still desinging a low budget carputer for GPS, Mp3, Internet...

Celeron 366, 256MB, 15GB 3,5" HD, Sproggy MK?, somekind of TFT display...

Comment

T.J.L Mk-3.5 has proven to be far superior to the earlier versions, Just yesterday i was on a long trip with the Mk-3.5 installed.. worked wonders.

So the earlier models are obsolte.

Mastero

Comment

Originally posted by Mastero
                          IMPORTANT ISOLATE ALL THE IC ON THE HEATSINK

Cheers
                          Mastero

when you said "ISOLATE ALL THE IC", does that mean use "mica insulator" on all of them??? which one will use "silicon rubber" or heatsink compound ???

danon
                          [....99.9%]
                          [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                          [....99.8%]
                          [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
                          [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

Hmm, I see that you use the LM2587 for the 12v line. Good idea and very powerfull.

Question:
                            I have a LM2586 here, and the only difference is: 3A (instead of 5A) and freq switch and more pins and resistors needed. You dont need the freq switch, so the LM2586 will work on it?? Do I need a other inductor? (I hope smaller :P )

hmm datasheet says in figure 2: inductor of 15uH
                            Newbee, sorry for my bad english. lol
                            Trying to built a carmp3 systeem

own psu: max788, pt5071, pt5024

Comment

Originally posted by danon
                              when you said "ISOLATE ALL THE IC", does that mean use "mica insulator" on all of them??? which one will use "silicon rubber" or heatsink compound ???

danon
                              MICA Insulator shall be fine always screw the chips on the heatsink first and check if the heatsink is passing current to the chips with a meter. so your sure they are isolated. then solder it to the board.

Mastero

PAS i will check 2586

Comment

Working...
                              X