Shuttle Opus Power Supply Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttle Opus Power Supply Pics

I just got my Opus 150watt PSU for my shuttle PC. Just thought I'd share the pics with you guys. Enjoy.
    Attached Files

Looks pretty nice, how long did it take you to get your PSU? Do you replace your shuttle PSU with the Opus PSU? And have you tested it?

Can you describe the connections? looking at P1010002.JPG -- What is the connection for the left side? What about the right side? I think the bottom one is to the MB, what about the top? Where is the connection for the battery and ignition wire?

Comment

Originally posted by BrUTaL
      Looks pretty nice, how long did it take you to get your PSU? Do you replace your shuttle PSU with the Opus PSU? And have you tested it?

Can you describe the connections? looking at P1010002.JPG -- What is the connection for the left side? What about the right side? I think the bottom one is to the MB, what about the top? Where is the connection for the battery and ignition wire?

I had to send a money order because my creidt card was maxed out but after Kris recieved the payment he shipped out the next day. After that it only took me 3 days to recieve. Yes the Opus replaces the original shuttle PSU. Sweeeeeet. I haven't tested it yet, but it should work just like everyone elses. The connections in pic P1010002.JPG on the right side from top to bottom are: connection for motherboard (can't really see it in the pic), The connection that splits into all the molex connectors for HD and FD, and the last one is the ATX connection (I think that's what it's called and it also connects to the motherboard). The connection for that battery and ignition are on the left side of the pic, they can be seen better in pic P1010001.JPG. The connection will be located conveniently outside the PC when installed. I've seen it installed and I thought this was the perfect solution. Any questions, just ask. Thanks.

-Noa

Comment

Originally posted by G35Pimp
        I had to send a money order because my creidt card was maxed out but after Kris recieved the payment he shipped out the next day. After that it only took me 3 days to recieve. Yes the Opus replaces the original shuttle PSU. Sweeeeeet. I haven't tested it yet, but it should work just like everyone elses. The connections in pic P1010002.JPG on the right side from top to bottom are: connection for motherboard (can't really see it in the pic), The connection that splits into all the molex connectors for HD and FD, and the last one is the ATX connection (I think that's what it's called and it also connects to the motherboard). The connection for that battery and ignition are on the left side of the pic, they can be seen better in pic P1010001.JPG. The connection will be located conveniently outside the PC when installed. I've seen it installed and I thought this was the perfect solution. Any questions, just ask. Thanks.

-Noa
        Now I'm totally confused.. I am a newb with the Opus, but on the Opus website and in other setups I've seen, the 150W Opus looks like an AC PSU you'd see in a standard pc case. Yours is obviously not like that. Did you open it up or did it come like that?

Can you please explain?

Comment

Opus make a power supply specifically for the shuttle hence why it looks different
          My CarPC install piccies http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgi-bin...at=561&thumb=1

Comment

Yes, what NJay said is correct...the one on the website are different ones, you can order the Shuttle one or the regular ones. You can choose from 90W or 150W. However, the shuttle one cost $10 more (not exactly sure how much the difference is now)

And by the way, thanks for the info...looks great, hope it works...planning to get one soon

Comment

Opus really needs to hire a marketing person, or at least update their website. How is anyone even supposed to know these things are available? They still don't even have the 90w PSU on the site. This forum should be getting paid as the marketing division of Opus as this is the only place on the internet with up to date info on their products.

I know that someone is going to say just call them if you want to buy something, but come on guys, this is the 21st century here.

Comment

so which shutttle case is this? link?

Comment

Originally posted by Audamn
                  so which shutttle case is this? link?
                  That would not matter, shuttles models (unless you go into the high end Pentium models, that use 220 watt PSU instead) all run on the same PSU.

Comment

Did your opus come with a 2x2 12v power plug?? The one needed in addition to the standard ATX power cable.... ????
                    Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

I think that the reason Opus doesn't update their website or have a marketing plan is because they don't have a direct competition right now and they are basically the only one that makes this type of PSU. It takes like 1-2 weeks for him to ship the PSU, so I think he is a bit behind or he makes them when people orders them.

When there is another competition, then Opus will need to update the website. I agree with your none..

I have a feeling that there will be competition with OPUS sometime soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Audio Bandit
                        That would not matter, shuttles models (unless you go into the high end Pentium models, that use 220 watt PSU instead) all run on the same PSU.
                        could you please give a bit more info about this?
                        I'm planning to get a Shuttle with a P4 chipset. such as an intel 865 or SiS661

Will the same 150W opus PS work for these models?

Comment

Originally posted by fluffydot
                          could you please give a bit more info about this?
                          I'm planning to get a Shuttle with a P4 chipset. such as an intel 865 or SiS661

Will the same 150W opus PS work for these models?

Good question, I'm also interested in using an opus 150w with a higher end shuttle.
                          http://home.comcast.net/~tvieira24/srtsig.jpg

smile

Comment

Where could we buy this Opus (for shuttle) PSU?? Prefferably in Europe!!!

Comment

nobody??:

Comment

Working...
                              X