Help with understanding the Opus and ITPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with understanding the Opus and ITPS

I know these are DC to DC power supplies. Do these have cables that run all the way to the battery, or do they hook into a cigarette lighter? That would be the best setup IMO, simple to do. Also, do they get any larger than 150w?
    Providence is borne on the breath of prophecy.
    P4 2.66 | 1024 MB PC3200 | 4x Memorex DVD+RW | Memorex 52x24x52 CDRW | 200 and 60 GB HDDs | Antec 400W PSU

Originally posted by Providence
    I know these are DC to DC power supplies. Do these have cables that run all the way to the battery, or do they hook into a cigarette lighter? That would be the best setup IMO, simple to do. Also, do they get any larger than 150w?

Opus needs to run to the battery.....I would strongly urge you NOT to run something off of your cig adapter and always run a pos and neg to your battery

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by freestyler
      Opus needs to run to the battery.....I would strongly urge you NOT to run something off of your cig adapter and always run a pos and neg to your battery
      More appropriately, run a fused lead wire from your positive battery terminal and bolt the other lead to a ground point near the power supply (any solid metal part of your car).

Comment

Originally posted by Providence
        I know these are DC to DC power supplies.
        The ITPS is not a DC-DC PSU itself, it is a shutdown controller/voltage regulator addon for PSUs that don't have that functionality.

Comment

Working...
        X