Newbie From Sweden Needs Help =)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie From Sweden Needs Help =)

Hi everybody! iv´e been thinking a long time about installing a carputer put never had the economy for it until recently =) i am currently living in Sweden where there seems to be a lack of hardware for this type of thing. All that i could find to use with my system is the following piece of hardware http://www.viavpsd.com/product/epia_...herboardId=141
    and for power supply i found this http://www.highgreen.nl/products/powersup/powerset.htm

now, the question is, will this setup be enough and the most inportant, can i use it in a car?!

bying things from the US is out of the question because of the cost, shipping will ruin me =)

i have been searching around this forum alot but haven´t found anything matching this setup...so please, just answer if u can, i´m already having a hell understanding everything (im from Sweden)

Thanx!!

/Aleks

Try to use a more descriptive Subject, shipping is about 200kronor extra, no deal.
    -
    My cars
    -

Comment

yeah! maybe, but bying a Opus for ~2000Kr is alot =) more than the computer itself =) there´s got to be a cheaper way (except transformer 12v-220v)

Comment

Heja Sverige!!!

Well where do you live?
        I live in GBG, I got a complete running carputer setup in my car now.

check out www.icd.se
        they got the PW-70A
        and ITPS
        the cheapest via motherboard can you buy from komplett.se

I bought my screen from cartft.com, you can buy it in sweden too, but here it costs the double. (at least)

Comment

Originally posted by storm
          Heja Sverige!!!

Well where do you live?
          I live in GBG, I got a complete running carputer setup in my car now.

check out www.icd.se
          they got the PW-70A
          and ITPS
          the cheapest via motherboard can you buy from komplett.se

I bought my screen from cartft.com, you can buy it in sweden too, but here it costs the double. (at least)
          HAHA, härligt me svenskar =)
          u got icq? if u do, please add me!! 65440997
          anyway! i live in Eskilstuna, close to Sthlm!
          yeep, i found the VIA mObO, but do you need a fan or someting for cooling it??
          btw, any pics or more info about your carputer!?? =)

Comment

The Epia M comes in two versions one fanless with edenprocessor and one with fan (M1000) I have the one with fan. But the fan is very quiet so i can't here from the coupe.
            Here are som pics from my install:

I added you to my Icq.

Comment

i was thinking about getting a VIA Epia V8000..that´s a 800MHz setup...i think that will do the trick...
              next question, can i use a standard 5.25" DVD player with a 100W power supply? all i have to power will be 1-HDD, 1-DVD and the mObO

Comment

Hej Sverige

Titta paa :

http://www.ultim8pc.co.uk/

Im from UK...I think this site carry most of the stuff you need, I havnt bought any from them yet though. The postage shouldnt cost that much, check it out anyway.

Comment

Hey whats that navi program? What reciever? I'll add you too, 37512809 is min
                  -
                  My cars
                  -

Comment

now to find a touchscreen in sweden, seems almost impossible too! Damn! wish i lived in the Us =)) we hardly have any resources for reasonable prices here in sweden! =((

Comment

Working...
                    X