Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elimate inverter buzzing from your speakers

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=270-054

Alternatively, fix the problem rather than band-aiding it.

Sort out your grounding. Ground all points to the same spot. Including the casing of your AC PC power supply.

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

^^ werd! Ground loop isolators kill some of the quality along with the buzz.

Comment

Gee a search and a bit of reading would have covered this topic...
        TruckinMP3
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

ya, I've been trolling the forums and searching and it's not easily found. Someone versed in the Power Supplies subject for both laptop and desktop should post a FAQ and get it stickied up top. Make it easier for people to find quick answers.

Comment

I'm in the process of writing a Power FAQ.

It should be a few days at most

Garry
            Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
            www.aimee.cc

Comment

nice! thanks!

Comment

"Please Mr Mp3 man Spoon feed me the info"

search on inverter and buzz, second hit.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...=inverter+buzz
                TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

well being i saw so many post regarding inverter's making noise I figured it wasn't a viable solution for what I wanted to do. Now I know

Comment

Originally posted by bud_d
                    well being i saw so many post regarding inverter's making noise I figured it wasn't a viable solution for what I wanted to do. Now I know
                    That many posts might tell you (if you read them) that inverters are a second choice in power solutions. DC to DC is the prefered solution for ease of use, functions and lower noise.
                    TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

TruckinMP3,

Sounds like your one of those guys who's pete pives is telling people to search rather than pointing them in the right direction. Get off your high horse
                      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

do those dc to dc solutions work for laptop use?

Originally posted by TruckinMP3
                        That many posts might tell you (if you read them) that inverters are a second choice in power solutions. DC to DC is the prefered solution for ease of use, functions and lower noise.

Comment

Originally posted by bud_d
                          do those dc to dc solutions work for laptop use?
                          Depends on the laptop. The DC solutions I have seen are targeted at desktop models. There may be others. The issue is really what your laptop requires for power.

antimatter, did you figure that out on your own or read my sig file?

Yes, I say search because most installs are different.
                          That means the answer is different.

Also, by searching and reading you might find something cool that will work in your install that you did not think to ask about.

I bet you are one of those people that just make judgements on very small amounts of information..... see what I mean.

Tons on info here, very few cookie cutter solutions. The closest in my opinion are:
                          DC to DC OPUS ps
                          and the indash one din VGA XENARC
                          Lots of folks seem to be using the small VIA mainboards as well.

Have fun
                          TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

That is bull.

I've been using an inverter without any noise WHATSOEVER.

Now that I've switched to DC-DC, I'm getting an engine noise.. whining.
                            There is no metal on my plexi case. There's no way to ground my case.

There is no doubt, inverters make the best choice for noiseless power supplies.

THe only thing DC2DC has got going for it is the size of the installation
                            New Lilliput EBY701 For Sale http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?c...at=TOUCHSCREEN
                            SiRF3 Bluetooth GPS http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?cat=GPS

Comment

Originally posted by masch
                              That is bull.

I've been using an inverter without any noise WHATSOEVER.

Now that I've switched to DC-DC, I'm getting an engine noise.. whining.
                              There is no metal on my plexi case. There's no way to ground my case.

There is no doubt, inverters make the best choice for noiseless power supplies.

THe only thing DC2DC has got going for it is the size of the installation
                              Why'd you switch then? Are you switching back?
                              Fabricator

Comment

Working...
                              X