Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you adjust shutdown voltage on Opus 150w?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you adjust shutdown voltage on Opus 150w?

Well, the power supplies from I-Tuner I can't say much about... but they aren't working. So now I need a REAL supply.

Is the 'low battery shutdown voltage' adjustable on the Opus 150 Watt SFX DC-DC Vehicle Power Supply for ATX?

According to the stats, it's 11v +/- 0.75v

I'll be using it in a car that already has an auxiliary deep-cycle battery, it's solenoid linked to the car battery when ignition on, and stand-alone when ignition off... so I can drain this aux battery flat, and the car will still start. When the ignition is off and it has a computer load, it might only show 11.5 volts (freshly charged from AC even), this would be under shutdown voltage according to the specifications for the 150w.

I would want to adjust this to the small end... no shutdown until 10.25 volts, is this possible?

Then again, it would still run at under the low voltage shutdown level ( 7 - 10.25V) for up to an hour (if changed from factory default of 10 secs), right?

http://www.visualecho.org/carputer/guts.jpg
    Visual Echo
    Ann Arbor, Michigan

bump
    Visual Echo
    Ann Arbor, Michigan

Comment

This would be best directed at Kris from Opus. I don't belive there is any way to do what you are looking to do, but Kris would certainly know more.
      http://www.arizonasportcompacts.com

Comment

The OPUS shutsdown at ~10.9 volts after 1 min. It would require a change in the microprocessor code to accommodate your request of changing that value. You can get that changed if you order in quantity about 100 units, otherwise itís not something that you can change yourself.

Comment

Thank you! I was hoping I could just change a resistor or zener diode, but I will have to risk it.
          Visual Echo
          Ann Arbor, Michigan

Comment

Working...
          X