AC, DC question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC, DC question

I have my computer set up but have not bought a PSU yet. I am 99% sure going to get an OPUS DC-DC PSU.

My question is what do people do when they pull their carputer out and want to hook it up to AC for software/hardware upgrades? Do you hook up your AC PSU or do you get an AC-DC converter and just hook it up that ways? Even with a wireless NIC I can't imagine never needing to take out the carputer for upgrades. Please don't jump my butt if I am suppose to posting this in the Newbie section...

ac-dc adapter works great for me.

Comment

Built my own AC-DC adapter from a battery charger. Works great for me.
      Old Systems retired due to new car
      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

or leave it in the car and build a PC for home MP3 playing...
        TruckinMP3
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I already have a computer for home playing Mp3's, I was just wondering what people did for the occations when they needed to take the PC out of the car to do upgrades or what not. Thanks!

Comment

I've used one of these.

Comment

I just use a spare AC power supply that I saved from an old computer. If you don't have an old one laying around, you can buy one for pretty cheap.
              System:
              Epia M1000 w/512MB PC2100, Xenarc 700TS, ATI 7500 PCI, OPUS 150 PSU, 2.5 40GB 5400 HDD, 802.11g PCI, Slim Slot DVDR,
              Gyration RF Kybrd, OBDII adpt. + sftwr, XP pro, iGuidance/Royaltek GPS NAV, XMPCR, Kenwd KAC-8401 4 chnl amp, 10" pwd sub

Comment

Working...
              X