wiring question about the opus 90w

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring question about the opus 90w

i have the opus 90w hooked up the the m10000. Off the actual opus board on one side is the power ground and accessory wire, and on the other side is the power connector running to the actual motherboard. My question is, my power switch on the case is plugged into the motherboard and there is an empty connector on the opus that has the power swith label on it. should the power switch from the case be plugged into the motherboard or the case?

Isn't this connector for the devices such as the HDD etc?

HTH

Adam.
    Toyota Supra TT | EPIA MII 10000 | 256Mb DDR RAM | Indash VGA | OPUS 150W | 80Gb HDD | GPS | 802.11b | GPRS

Comment

Originally posted by DSM97RS
      i have the opus 90w hooked up the the m10000. Off the actual opus board on one side is the power ground and accessory wire, and on the other side is the power connector running to the actual motherboard. My question is, my power switch on the case is plugged into the motherboard and there is an empty connector on the opus that has the power swith label on it. should the power switch from the case be plugged into the motherboard or the case?

You dont want to use the switch on the case at all. You want the Opus to do the switching for you (auto on and auto off), so you connect the Opus to the power switch connector on the motherboard. I believe on mine it was a little green and white pair of wires with the little connectors on them.
      OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
      www.whipflash.com
      Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by orangewhip
        You dont want to use the switch on the case at all. You want the Opus to do the switching for you (auto on and auto off), so you connect the Opus to the power switch connector on the motherboard. I believe on mine it was a little green and white pair of wires with the little connectors on them.
        ok thanks, ive got the connector to do that but is it possable to get and extension of it? with the c134, opus wont fit inside and the cable BARELY reaches outside the case if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DSM97RS
          ok thanks, ive got the connector to do that but is it possable to get and extension of it? with the c134, opus wont fit inside and the cable BARELY reaches outside the case if at all.

Just splice a wire onto it and lengthen it as long as you need.
          OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
          www.whipflash.com
          Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by orangewhip
            Just splice a wire onto it and lengthen it as long as you need.
            that WOULD be the easiest thing to do i guess. lol

Comment

Working...
            X