Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring question

Hi,

What is a proper way to connect two different kinds of wire together, let say, connect a 10 guage to a 22 guage? Right now I just twist them together and tape it but feel not the right way to do it.

THanks.

Permanent or temporary connection?

Comment

Originally posted by cwho122
      Hi,

What is a proper way to connect two different kinds of wire together, let say, connect a 10 guage to a 22 guage? Right now I just twist them together and tape it but feel not the right way to do it.

THanks.
      Solder and heatshrink for a good permanent connection.
      Old Systems retired due to new car
      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

I am trying to connect the wire from battery,Ign,ground to the PSU wire comes with OPUS 150W PSU. Prefer detacheable connection.

Originally posted by ktritz
        Permanent or temporary connection?

Comment

If you're trying to wire up a bunch of wires together though, disconnects alone won't work. You'll only be able to connect/disconnect two wires.

You can use a standard car audio type "power distribution block", or a "ground block".... the difference being that the power one often has built in fuses. But, those are typically for 4-8 guage wire. So I'd advice putting disconnects on your cables, and rigging up your own distribution block that's smaller and uses smaller cables... something the size of a mousetrap.

Comment

Working...
          X