Other methods of power?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other methods of power?

Okay, got my dashed all ripped apart, i had intended to get get this all back together last weeked but ran into a problem

My inverter gives me a blinking fault light whenever i plug in a regular computer powersupply w/o even turning the comp on(tried 3) - i know it is below the wattage of inverter

Anyways, moving forward.... what are some other methods of powering my computer (low cost) because this inverter is a peice of ****. (vector 400w)

I have this inverter here:
    http://store.yahoo.com/dotcoms/copo200wacwa.html It is cheap and had no problem powering my system while I was in the testing stage. I was running the carputer in my signature, Lilliput, and a pair of creative speakers and never had a problem. Opus now though.
    7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
    ATVMS.com

Comment

o p u s

----------------------
      VIA Epia II
      256MB 266DDR Ram
      90GB Wester Digital
      Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
      Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
      ----------------------
      Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

A hamster in a wheel......

Just a thought.....

Comment

All the hamsters I tried didn't last more then a week. Do it right the first time, just put a gas powered generator in your trunk

Originally posted by dug1967
          A hamster in a wheel......

Just a thought.....
          StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
          Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
          The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

150 OPUS don't use the low power ones you just never know what you might need next.... inverters generally create heavy line noise....
            2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

I personally bought a midget slave on my last trip to China. He sits in my trunk and turns a small wheel generator whenever I want to watch a movie. Or I just poke him with a stick if I don't have any new DVDs... that's fun too.

Comment

midget slave? - I just got a swimsuit model and installed her in the back seat. They have longer legs, and their natural habitat is in a back seat
                If at first you don't succeed, so much for skydiving!

Comment

Thanks for suggestions,

I fixed my inverter problem though.

Comment

midget slave? - I just got a swimsuit model and installed her in the back seat. They have longer legs, and their natural habitat is in a back seat

You just won the mp3car best PSU solution award

Comment

Originally posted by Samirnoff!
                      Thanks for suggestions,

I fixed my inverter problem though.
                      What did you do to fix it?

There is a another thread in this forum regarding problems with the Vector 400W inverter (I'm one of the unlucky people with said inverter).

Comment

Working...
                      X