Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS + Inverter = no go?

UPS + Inverter = no go?

I install a UPS between the Inverter and CPU.

One thing I noticed the UPS said is that it's only receiving 88 volt of power and the norm should be 120.

This cause a big problem as the lowest setting the UPS can set to is 87 volt before going to battery. The UPS would constantly go on battery over a few minutes before it kicks in as AC.

Is this normal for a 300 Watt inverter to just pump out 88 volt of juice? I thought it should be 120. Anyway...I guess I'll go with an Opus as this doesn't look too good of a setup.

Is an Opus 150 enough to power up the following?

Epia M1000 (VIA)
    Full Size Slot Loading DVD (Pioneer)
    Full Size HD 40 GB (WD)
    USB GPS Mouse (Destinator2)
    Serial Touch Screen (Xenarc)
    Playstation2 Joypad/Keyboard USB (Sammy)

If so...I guess I'll just get a Opus and get it over with.

i was going to do the same thing as well. the problem with this is an inverter only puts out a square wave as opposed to a true sine wave. the ups needs a clean sine wave of at least 100 vac in order to run properly. you are better off with the opus any way really cause its alot smaller and it can fit in a case as opposed to being external.

as far as having enough power for what you mentioned you should be fine.
    "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

Yeah I guess so...But is the 150 enough for my setup?

Comment

forgot to put that in there, but yes you should.
        "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

Dang...this is some quick reply...Okay...Guess I'll recycle the UPS to home use then...Thanks.

Comment

What UPS do people use when they "tank" to keep the computer on during crank?

Comment

Working...
            X