Is this a good deal? 120 DC-DC + ITPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal? 120 DC-DC + ITPS

I was thinking of buying the Opus 150 from mp3car.com....but they're out of stock...So I went to ebay and found this...Should I get it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Current system have the following:

VIA EPIA M10000
    3.5" 60GB WD HD
    5.25" Pioneer Slot-Loading DVD
    Destinator GPS Mouse
    Sammy PS2 Controller/mini keyboard
    various USB devices...

from the great things i hear about the opus...i would wait for that....but then again i only have 22 posts

Comment

*sigh* I would like to go to an opus too...but for $100 less and sooner too?!?! It is very important for me about the qualilty and reliability of the products...

Every single reply counts...I still have 5 days to decide...

Comment

Just remember that the ITPS cannot maintain 12 volts of power unless the engine is running. So if you are using a desktop (3.5") hard drive, the computer won't even boot if your car is off.

Wait for the Opus...
        Phillip Hullquist

I entertain people through adventure movies.
        www.11visions.com

Comment

Not as good as an opus

Will it work? Yes. Is it as good? No.

Check out the required input voltage on the IPIS, its a lot narrower than the opus can handle. Any current outside that range & you'll get problems, rebooting et al. I was going to go with the standard molex supply that was in the Centronics cases and an IPIS until I was persuaded by fellow forum members to get an opus. The power up/down control of the pc is really nice.

I'd say hunt around for an opus.
          EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
          Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
          XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

hum I've seen an opus and they is very good. Get that instead and it will work everytime. Remember if ordering from OPUS directly there is a 5 week wait time. Don't belive what chirs states as it took mine 5/6 weeks to arrive in the uk depsite chris saying it would only take a week and its the same story for most of us on here :-(

Comment

thanks you all...I'm almost tempted with the lower price...But I guess I'll hold for the best...

Umm...where can I get one very soon and cheap???

Comment

Originally posted by nl4jy
                thanks you all...I'm almost tempted with the lower price...But I guess I'll hold for the best...

Umm...where can I get one very soon and cheap???
                Wouldn't we all like to know that...

Comment

Originally posted by pete35887
                  from the great things i hear about the opus...i would wait for that....but then again i only have 22 posts
                  LOL Rotf.....I almost fell off my chair....
                  Its funny how the newbies are realted to posts. A few of the big posters have a lot less good info to share than the "noobs".

Definately wait for an Opus, its just the right thing to do.
                  2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

omg your sig rofl your liliput is on vacation in hong kong and sends postcards and emails weekley

Comment

Originally posted by pete35887
                      omg your sig rofl your liliput is on vacation in hong kong and sends postcards and emails weekley
                      Seems like its been in Honk Kong for a long time now??
                      Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

That thing you found on eBay is the same as the ITPS + PW-70a combo that I sell in the Mp3car.com/store http://mp3car.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=31

He just renamed PW-70a to PW-120a its the same thing.

I would recommend that you wait for the OPUS power supply (it should be available again in about two weeks) Its well built solid performer. The 90 watt OPUS should be sufficient for the setup you described in your first post.

Comment

wait for Opus, I have PW-120a, better to have Opus, or something else (Mastero, or new Morex)
                          '93 Opel Vectra A with Custom Dash with 7" lilliput
                          VoomPC/M1-ATX/M10K/256 RAM/20GB 2,5' HDD/Gemtek USB Radio/WinLite/RoadRunner
                          http://zvi.home.ge/pics/?dir=vextra

Comment

Here is what i was thinking, and hopefully you guys can advise me as well. I was going to go with the pw-80, because it can run from 11-30 volts, so pc will run with engine on or off, does not matter. Then I was going to get an ITPS and use just the shutdown/startup part of it. And if not surviving crank really, bothers me, i would had a small cap or tank circuit of some sort. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Zip-Lock
                              He just renamed PW-70a to PW-120a its the same thing.
                              Are you saying that the PW-120A isn't 120 watts, but actually only 70? I'm confused.
                              "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X