autopower on without itps, why.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autopower on without itps, why.

hey, i have a walmart inverter, hooked up to my system and i changed the settiing in the bios to auto on after power loss, and when i turn off the inverter and flip it back on, afte 5 seconds my computer fires up, all i need to do is wire up a relay and leave the inverter on, and basically i have a free itps, how come it works, and also survives cranking. What am i doing wrong or right, why would i buy an itps, except for the fact that it would shutdown my computer automatically, instead of me pressing the shutdown key, the only reason i was gonna buy an itps was to automatically fire up.

Originally posted by faiz_23
    hey, i have a walmart inverter, hooked up to my system and i changed the settiing in the bios to auto on after power loss, and when i turn off the inverter and flip it back on, afte 5 seconds my computer fires up, all i need to do is wire up a relay and leave the inverter on, and basically i have a free itps, how come it works, and also survives cranking. What am i doing wrong or right, why would i buy an itps, except for the fact that it would shutdown my computer automatically, instead of me pressing the shutdown key, the only reason i was gonna buy an itps was to automatically fire up.
    The ITPS does 3 things..

1, Regulates the 12v
    2, Sends start up signal
    3, Sends shut down signal

1, You don't need the 12v regulating because you use an inverter, you may need this if you use a 12v dc-dc psu (Depending on what type)
    2, You don't need the start up signal because your sys boards allows for 'auto on after power loss', but not all sys boards have this feature.
    3, You don't need this because you press the button!

Summary, You don't need the ITPS, also you're not doing anything new, lot's of people have their inverters wired up through a relay and lot's of people start their computers using the 'auto on after power loss'.
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

allrught, thanks, i was just confused a little, maybe i got lucky and got a motherboard and inverter blessed by god, with an itps built in, but i guess not, all i have to do is what for my aux, cable and see if there is any interference,

thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X