Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

everytime I start car, the PC will reboot with dc-dc unit (input 10.8 - 26V)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everytime I start car, the PC will reboot with dc-dc unit (input 10.8 - 26V)

hi
    I have a dc-dc unit (input 10.8 - 26V) and Via epia M10000 and everytime I start car, the PC will reboot..

what I need? A backup batery, diode and resistor?

thank

answered so many times,

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...backup+battery
    Mods: 18" Boss rims,Twin custom stainless exhaust,cold air induction.
    Sound: Pioneer 7400 HU & 6x9's,12" Vibe Sub,600W Kenwood amp.
    CarPC: MicroATX, Inverter, WinTV, Lilliput 7", USB GPS
    http://www.no1knows.com/galleries/

Comment

Mashina,

What kind of DC-DC is it? Who makes it?
      MikeH

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
        Mashina,

What kind of DC-DC is it? Who makes it?
        I was bought it from www.emko.cz in my country (czech republic).. but they hasnt any information about this psu in english i have only this czech link http://www.emko.cz/emko_cz/index.html

Comment

altavista bable fish it to get it in English.
          CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
          Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

dunno about the power supplies, but the EM-151 case looks coool
            m350 is smaller tho :\

Comment

other ideas for helping this problem are as follows;

cable upgrades, both ground and feed, but mainly feed (to prevent voltage drop while cranking, if its only 0.1 - 0.5 volt a good upgrade from say 10-12 gauge to 1-2 will make a massive difference over 2-3 meters)

capacitors, depending on alot of things but the right cap circuit would keep the voltage high enough during a quick cranking session

ensure that you have the pc connected directly to the battery via a relay instead of to the ACC/IGN lines as these lines have higher voltage lose with the other things connected to them along with the very thin cabling. at most the acc/ign line should only be used as a relay trigger

tank circuit as previously described

Comment

Originally posted by pyro1 View Post
                other ideas for helping this problem are as follows;

cable upgrades, both ground and feed, but mainly feed (to prevent voltage drop while cranking, if its only 0.1 - 0.5 volt a good upgrade from say 10-12 gauge to 1-2 will make a massive difference over 2-3 meters)

capacitors, depending on alot of things but the right cap circuit would keep the voltage high enough during a quick cranking session

ensure that you have the pc connected directly to the battery via a relay instead of to the ACC/IGN lines as these lines have higher voltage lose with the other things connected to them along with the very thin cabling. at most the acc/ign line should only be used as a relay trigger

tank circuit as previously described
                I think none of all this will solve the problem.

Instead I'd use the M2-ATX as a better, crank surviving, DC-DC converter and once you get tired of EPIA you already have a power supply.

But sure, a tiny 12V/3Ah dry battery and a 5A Schottky diode should also work but I've never tried it.

Comment

I think that the OP has either sorted out the problem or given up in the past SIX FREAKIN' YEARS.

vull Why would you resurrect a 6y/o thread and add nothing substantial to this discussion?
                  I honestly don't get it.
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

if you dont get it, then it doesnt mean that others dont
                    lets all rant offtopic now? that's even more pointless

Comment

Working...
                    X