Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one is best?

hi
    i searched for some tutorials on building atx power supply for car and found the following:
    1) http://acs.comcen.com.au/atxps.html

the other 3 are attached pics

please tell me which one of them is the best or if any other is better please direct me to it (please dont recommend me sproggy or opus)
    Attached Files
    [email protected]

please anyone reply!!!!!!!!

please anyone reply to my question
    i have completed everything no only the psu is left
    i cant delay it any longer please please please please anyone REPLY!!!
    thanks...........phew
    [email protected]

Comment

Well, me I use the morex 60W. You can google it or find a lot of information in this same forum.
      New Lilliput EBY701 For Sale http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?c...at=TOUCHSCREEN
      SiRF3 Bluetooth GPS http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?cat=GPS

Comment

please help!

thanks for the suggestion masch
        but i really (and i mean REALLY!) need advice on the schematics i posted earlier
        please anyone help me
        [email protected]

Comment

why would anyone bother? only EXPERIENCED technicians will have the expertise to pull apart all that info and make something of it, let alone a power supply that will work, and every and i mean every PC has a atx power supply, that is different. Its just easier to go and biuld a sproggy or buy a opus or ITPS *shrug*
          I biult a sproggy, then bought a ITPS and used both, sold that car, and now im going to order one of those new 200watt ones when they come out (very similar to ITPS)
          Ford XR6T blueprint 4.0 L twin cam turbo.
          Xenarc 7" touchscreen M10000 Audigy 2 NX
          ITX 120W PS 80gig HD, 256MB Ram, USB wireless internet/LAN
          Griffin Powermate Panasonic DVD-CDW
          Pioneer 5x7 Four way, 2x12 pioneer subz
          600watt 6chan USA audio AMP

Comment

how can i build sproggy!

please stimps (or anyone) send me a link directing me to the site where i can learn to build sproggy
            [email protected]

Comment

MK-3.5 ATX

MK-4 ATX

Online Kit you can buy
              www.DurangoSUV.com

Comment

200 pages long forum!

hey durango kid help me!
                how am i supposed to get the required info if the thread is 200 pages long!
                [email protected]

Comment

Did you even read his reply?

Click on the last link -- look under power supplies.

Comment

please someone reply to my first post
                    i really need help here, i need opinion about only on the solutions i have posted
                    [email protected]

Comment

The first attachment appears to be only an ATX shutdown/startup controller. It appears to be functional as best as I can tell. I am somewhat familiar with the second attachment. It has no 3 volt tap, and will not power an ATX board. It also requires specialized chips and inductors and has no advantage over a "Sproggy type design. The third supply does have a three volt output stage, and will power an ATX board, but again requires a specialized transformer and Pulse Width modulator chip. It also appears to need a shutdown/start up controller, and from what I can tell, the one attached does not appear to be compatable. As was previously stated, unless you have the technical knowhow to design and build your own supply, you're better off building a Sproggy type supply from parts yourself, or ordering a partial or complete kit.

Hope that helps!
                      Walter Farmer
                      http://www.safossils.com/mp3car.html
                      Walts DC DC ATX Power Supply

Comment

the fourth power supply solution i posted in my first message is presslab's power supply. some people have told me that it doesnt work and some have told me it does. who shall i listen to? can anyone please provide me a correct answer? any other power supply (other than sproggy) will also do!
                        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by stimps
                          im going to order one of those new 200watt ones when they come out (very similar to ITPS)
                          There is something coming that is similar to ITPS but is capable of 200 Watts? Link?
                          SeeYa! -Jim-

Comment

Working...
                          X