No announcement yet.

does these scenerio look right??

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does these scenerio look right??

which one do you recommend?>

2 providing its not a beastly computer that will need anymore than like 150w
    CarPC install is starting to come along again...

i dont think so, its a EPIA M-10K.

VIA Epia II
        256MB 266DDR Ram
        90GB Wester Digital
        Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
        Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
        Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

I recommend #1 and selling me your Opus. (otherwise, #2)
          2000 Monte Carlo SS - CarPC FINALLY INSTALLED!!!

CarPC: VIA EPIA-M10000, Xenarc 700TSV, 20G 2.5" HD, Opus 90W, Targus USB DVD/CD-ROM

Audio: Audigy 2 USB, Alpine 4 Channel Amp, 2 x Alpine 300W 6x9, 2 x Alpine 200W 6.5 (sub coming soon)

There's a mini-itx voltage calculator somewhere that I checked recently. The epia m10k don't really require that much power to run. I believe with the component consists of dvd rom, hd, and the lcd screen, it didn't go over even 75w in running mode. So I figure a 90w psu would be sufficient....

#2 hands down (no toggle switches, as simple as turning your ignition switch)

"If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow."
              My Car Project® ‹== !10.4" Allbrite, touchscreen, epia, 150opus, gps, wireless, sony remote [old] 128x64 Crystalfontz +double din [new]

I have a question on this actually. Since the Morex case comes with its own PSU and if you opt to use OPUS, do you connect the OPUS to the case' PSU or hardwire it to the mobo?

I'm guessing you would connect the OPUS to the cases's PSU some how. Show us some pictures when you figure it out!!