Opus n00b

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus n00b

I am new to the opus and was a little confused about some of its features. I know its a DC-DC power supply, but does it interface with the ignition? Will it controll shutdown or standby funtions?
    2004 Freelander HSE | Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen| Via M10000 | 256 MB | 120 GB | DVD player | TN-200 | Opus 150watt |Windows XP Pro | Media Car | Routis & Destinator

Yes.
    Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
    http://hallert.net/

Comment

I know its a DC-DC power supply, but does it interface with the ignition?
      No.
      Will it controll shutdown or standby funtions?
      Yes. It's a "smart" power supply so it can sense what that status of the motherboard current draw is to it doesn’t doesn't get out of sync like some other shutdown controllers do.

Comment

So, can I make the opus put my computer into standby when I turn my car off, and back out of standby when I turn the car on?
        2004 Freelander HSE | Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen| Via M10000 | 256 MB | 120 GB | DVD player | TN-200 | Opus 150watt |Windows XP Pro | Media Car | Routis & Destinator

Comment

Yes. Out of curiousity, can you describe the path your research has taken? I'm intrigued to know how your studies on the Opus have missed these very important elements of how it works.

I'm certain that you did some searches and read some of the forums here before posting your question, can you elaborate on them so we all understand why you need this level of clarification?

Thanks!
          Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
          http://hallert.net/

Comment

yes

Comment

Well, what I am getting it is trying to understand how exactly the opus does this?

Comment

Originally posted by nibix
                Well, what I am getting it is trying to understand how exactly the opus does this?
                It triggers the ATX power switch on the motherboard. You can configure that button to do that you whatever you want when it is triggered by the OPUS power supply. It can be configured to do things like hibernate, standby, or shutdown. All of that it software controller by the operating system you have installed such as Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by nibix
                  Have a read of this - http://www.mp3car.com/products/SFX_D...uide-Rev_C.pdf - then do a google search for ACPI & ATX standards.
                  Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Working...
                  X