Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about EPIA M and Sproggy 2.x

Hi!
    I've got an EPIA M1000 and a Sproggy 2.x (2.5 I think...)

I read somewhere that the problem with the EPIA M and Sproggy is that the
    +12V is to slow or something. So when the computer starts and looks for +12V there is no +12V... Am I wrong?

If this is the problem, would it be possible to get some relayes (spelling?), that will be controlled by the +12V, and send the other voltages to the MoBo only when the +12V is ready?

I'm sorry for my bad english, but I hope that someone understand my question, and maybe even have an answer to it

Check this out

Cheers
    Mastero

Comment

Hi, and thanks for the answer!

Yes, I know about that, and I think it is great what you are doing, but
      for the moment I dont have the time or the money to build the mk4

So I still want to know if it would be possible to solve the problem with some relays?

If it is the +12V delay that is the problem???

//Bjorne

Comment

i know what you mean .. try this

powergood = dont connect

use 7812 linear chip with in4007 diode conneccted only for the mobo sproogy +12 also connect after the in4007 let me know the result

Cheers
        Mastero

Comment

Yes, I've been thinking of doing that... But then I need to have my engine running to have my computer running, right?
          I want to be able to start the computer, then start my engine, kind of.

I know about the voltage drop when cranking the engine, but that will not be a big problem, I think I can handle that. The only problem is how to get the MoBo to start with a Sproggy 2.5

So you don't think it is possible to controll the power to the MoBo with one relay for each current, that wont supply any current until there is +12V coming out of the Sproggy?

Thank you for answering my (stupid) questions, Mastero!

//Bjorne

Comment

Working...
          X