Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATX 2.01 compliant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ATX 2.01 compliant?

    In the Opus 90W instructions it says:
    "Motherboards must be ATX 2.01 compliant. The motherboards must be able to support ACPI function under power management in BIOS setup. If the motherboard does not support ACPI function, then the computer can go only into power down mode and not into shutdown, stand-by or hibernate modes".

    I saw (on my Gateway Desktop) PC (Device Manager) "ACPI Fixed Feature botton", so I guess it supports ACPI Function?
    Am I correct? or how else can I find out.

    Also, how can I tell if my PC is "ATX 2.01 compliant"???
    I have not seen anything in the threads on this.
    Thanks
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

  • #2
    Hook up the OPUS to it, if it works, its compliant

    if it has soft power on / power off, i.e. you hit the power button on the PC and windows begins to shutdown properly, it should work with the OPUS.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by god_of_cpu
      Hook up the OPUS to it, if it works, its compliant

      if it has soft power on / power off, i.e. you hit the power button on the PC and windows begins to shutdown properly, it should work with the OPUS.
      Can I borrow your Opus then?
      AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
      "A great smoking alternative"

      Comment


      • #4
        If you can get to Silver Spring Maryland, I'd be happy to help you out.
        StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
        Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
        The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by god_of_cpu
          If you can get to Silver Spring Maryland, I'd be happy to help you out.
          I'm real close to there (Owings Mills)
          Actually, I hope someone can answer that question...

          I was going with the inverter idea. However, I was checking out the Opus 90W. That seems like a better way to go.???
          AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
          "A great smoking alternative"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by muldrick
            I'm real close to there (Owings Mills)
            Actually, I hope someone can answer that question...

            I was going with the inverter idea. However, I was checking out the Opus 90W. That seems like a better way to go.???

            So how can I check if my PC is ATX2.01 compliant, anybody know?
            AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
            "A great smoking alternative"

            Comment


            • #7
              how old is the computer?

              Comment


              • #8
                I am not sure what ATX 2.01 compliant is but I assume what OPUS actually mean is this.
                In Windows power option setup, "When I press the power button: Shutdown or Hibernate".
                Now with Windows running, press the power button (not holding it till power down).
                If you computer shutdown/hibernate and power down (the machine is completely off), you are okay to use OPUS.
                If your computer is shutdown/hibernate and NOT power down (computer still hang at "It is safe to shutdown your computer"), then it is NOT okay to use OPUS. Why? because your computer will drain your battery very fast. Since the computer still on, next time you insert the key to start car/computer, instead it will probably power down. I am not 100% sure. My old desktop P3 motherboard is like that, not power down the machine if I run Windows, but it will power down if I run Linux.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MatrixPC
                  I am not sure what ATX 2.01 compliant is but I assume what OPUS actually mean is this.
                  In Windows power option setup, "When I press the power button: Shutdown or Hibernate".
                  Now with Windows running, press the power button (not holding it till power down).
                  If you computer shutdown/hibernate and power down (the machine is completely off), you are okay to use OPUS.
                  If your computer is shutdown/hibernate and NOT power down (computer still hang at "It is safe to shutdown your computer"), then it is NOT okay to use OPUS. Why? because your computer will drain your battery very fast. Since the computer still on, next time you insert the key to start car/computer, instead it will probably power down. I am not 100% sure. My old desktop P3 motherboard is like that, not power down the machine if I run Windows, but it will power down if I run Linux.
                  Thanks Matrix, that pretty much answers my (a hard to get answered) question.
                  AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
                  "A great smoking alternative"

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X