Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Small/Mini Power ATX Power Supply?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Very Small/Mini Power ATX Power Supply?

    Anyone know of any very small ATX power supplies out there. I want to have room in my micro ATX case for both my 150W Opus and a regular power supply so I can just switch the cables when I bring my carputer indoors. Anyone know of any? The one that I have that is just barely too big is 5x4x3 I think.
    Thanks
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  • #2
    Originally posted by brady
    Anyone know of any very small ATX power supplies out there. I want to have room in my micro ATX case for both my 150W Opus and a regular power supply so I can just switch the cables when I bring my carputer indoors. Anyone know of any? The one that I have that is just barely too big is 5x4x3 I think.
    Thanks
    Think you should look for the lpx format. I'm using some 90W psu from an old MSI-6209 and think the size a lot smaller the the one you have.

    Brave
    Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
    Status -->
    Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
    BraveCar 2.5

    Comment


    • #3
      Only problem is that if he's running the AMD XP processor, an LPX power supply won't supply nearly the right amperage to properly run the motherboard and processor.
      "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

      Comment


      • #4
        didnīt even noticed that he was using that kind of processor. Even if there are a few 200W LPX PSU around, afraid they might be bigger than the one he already has.

        Brave
        Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
        Status -->
        Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
        BraveCar 2.5

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bravellir
          didnīt even noticed that he was using that kind of processor. Even if there are a few 200W LPX PSU around, afraid they might be bigger than the one he already has.

          Brave
          Ya, I am going to have a XP 2600 in there now so a 90W won't work. Hmmm maybe a new case.....
          AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
          Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
          Installed.


          -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
          -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by brady
            Ya, I am going to have a XP 2600 in there now so a 90W won't work. Hmmm maybe a new case.....

            or mayby some way of powering the opus inhouse ??

            like

            http://www.dmail.pt/prodotto.php?cod=106845-103

            or mayby

            http://buy1.snapon.com/products/diag...22&dir=catalog

            just kiding
            Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
            Status -->
            Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
            BraveCar 2.5

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bravellir
              or mayby some way of powering the opus inhouse ??

              like

              http://www.dmail.pt/prodotto.php?cod=106845-103

              or mayby

              http://buy1.snapon.com/products/diag...22&dir=catalog

              just kiding
              lol, even though I don't speak french I I know what that is.
              AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
              Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
              Installed.


              -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
              -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

              Comment


              • #8
                I just picked one up at Goodwill Computer Works for $10 that fits those dimensions perfectly. 5"W x 4"D x ~3"H It's 120W and they had about 15-20 of them there. The one I got is an ilssan ISP 120SI. Apparently used for e-machines.

                Let me know if you want one and we'll work something out.
                Don't Click

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by brady
                  lol, even though I don't speak french I I know what that is.
                  ...or should I say portugese
                  VIA EPIA M9000/120 GB/Xenarc 700TSV/Opus 90W DC-DC
                  Haicom GPS/3Com 11g Wi-Fi/D-Link BT
                  WinXP/myHTPC/InfoMap Navigator Eu/PhoneControl w/T68i
                  Blaupunkt HU & speakers/Velocity active subs/Alpine amps

                  Progress: removed while waiting for nano-itx

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TommieG
                    ...or should I say portugese
                    exactly
                    Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
                    Status -->
                    Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
                    BraveCar 2.5

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bravellir
                      exactly
                      Oh, lol. I just figured it was french without looking at the actual words and figured it was french since there are so many french speakers in here.
                      AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                      Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                      Installed.


                      -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                      -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X