do i need to modify the PSU?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i need to modify the PSU?

ok so i got a 350 watt inverter but it goes into overload when i plug in my 120 watt PSU. i dont even turn it on. right when i plug it into the inverter the inverter shuts down. the inverter just stops outputtin power and i cant get anything to work. however my Playstation 2 works fine off the inverter.
    even with just the PSU plugged in the inverter does not work.
    i think i read somwhere that i need to modify the PSU to get it to work but ive done searches since 6 this morning and nothing.

please help me!!!

Me thinks you got a short somewhere, check your grounds on the PSU and PC, I think thats what the inverter doesnt like
    Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Originally posted by SAScooby
      Me thinks you got a short somewhere, check your grounds on the PSU and PC, I think thats what the inverter doesnt like
      Ditto. Something is possibly shorted out somewhere. Is the switch on the back set to 115v or 230v? Has this PSU worked ever? Is it new or used?
      7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
      ATVMS.com

Comment

the PSU is set at 115.
        its farily new and it does work with my house outlets.
        ive also tried 2 other PSUs.
        bah hope someone out there has a solution.

Comment

Probably a huge inrush current and the inverter cannot handle it
          Carputer currently 'ghettoed' into car!!!

EPIA MII-12000
          Ampie Case with rigged extra USB
          Hitachi 60GB
          Holux GPS mouse with iGuidance 2.0
          Lilliput 7" touchscreen
          Netgear WG121 USB WiFi
          Carnetix P1260

Comment

Working...
          X