Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there something wrong with my OPUS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is there something wrong with my OPUS?

    The computer starts but windows never boots. It doesn't even go as far as detecting the drives. It turns on as soon as it gets ACC and I get the first screen with the BIOS version and the "Hit DEL to enter setup" but that's as far as it goes. And when I disconnect ACC it doesn't shut down. Just stays like that.


    Edit: Computer works just fine when I hook it up at home with the PSU that came with my C137.

    Rich
    http://www.mybimmer.net

  • #2
    I have the same problem and have still not figured out what exaclty is causing it. But try unplugging all the peripherals and hook up just the hard drive to see if the computer is getting enough juice from opus. Mine seems to be a random problem as doing this still hasnt fixed it...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by musicthebee
      I have the same problem and have still not figured out what exaclty is causing it. But try unplugging all the peripherals and hook up just the hard drive to see if the computer is getting enough juice from opus. Mine seems to be a random problem as doing this still hasnt fixed it...
      I tried it yesterday with just the keyboard and Touchscreen and got the same results. It's not random with me. I tried to boot 7-8 times and got the same result.


      Rich
      http://www.mybimmer.net

      Comment


      • #4
        My PC doesn't get past the detecting memory stage if I have my IBM USB2 memory stick plugged in.


        Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Confused
          My PC doesn't get past the detecting memory stage if I have my IBM USB2 memory stick plugged in.


          Garry
          This is because it tries to boot from it!!
          When you plug it the bios automatically sets it as a boot device at the highest priority!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Confused
            My PC doesn't get past the detecting memory stage if I have my IBM USB2 memory stick plugged in.


            Garry
            Any idea why?
            http://www.mybimmer.net

            Comment


            • #7
              Ok I finally found my problem. My new Panasonic slot loading DVD/CD-RW! It powers up every time if it's not plugged in but when it is it never gets passed the memory detection stage. Anyone know why?
              The drive does work because I've tested it at home.
              http://www.mybimmer.net

              Comment


              • #8
                DjBac, no, it doesn't try to boot from it, it never gets to the stage where it tries to read the boot devices, it detects about 200mb of my 256mb memory, then hangs, never continues POSTing, never gets to detecting the hard drives etc.

                I've no idea why it does that, but I just have to remember to not have it plugged in!


                Garry
                Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                www.aimee.cc

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Confused
                  DjBac, no, it doesn't try to boot from it, it never gets to the stage where it tries to read the boot devices, it detects about 200mb of my 256mb memory, then hangs, never continues POSTing, never gets to detecting the hard drives etc.

                  I've no idea why it does that, but I just have to remember to not have it plugged in!


                  Garry
                  That's exactly what mine was doing but with the combo drive. I changed the boot order in the bios so it'll ignore the combo drive and now it boots fine every time.
                  What's really strange is that it booted just fine with the AC power supply but not with the opus.
                  http://www.mybimmer.net

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    List everything you have plugged in, including which OPUS you have. They make two of them. 90watt and 150watt.

                    My guess is that you are overloading your power supply, or your power supply can't deliver the power to run a stable system. You might need to check your power connections. You could have a bad ground, or maybe your 12v+ needs some heavier gauge wire from your battery. If you have a volt meter, check the voltages hitting the P/S power connect when everything is running. Watch for voltage drops.
                    Carputer progress meter: [-----|]
                    Carputer gadget meter: [--|---]

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X