OPUS 90W - please help me identify this cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPUS 90W - please help me identify this cable

i bought this psu secondhand. as you can see, the previous owner has this one taped up and stuff.

i know where it plugs in and stuff, and i read the manual, but this cable isn't listed. what does the cable pictured above do?

i'm trying to figure out if this is the one i'm supposed to wire to the car battery and ignition and stuff, or if i already have the right one wired...

i think i wired the wrong one...

and if i did, what the heck is that other cable?

thanks for reading

ciao
    nine.

thats supposed to go to battery/ground/ignition what the hell did you wire to your battery????
    Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

l0lz thanks
      nine.

Comment

this is what i [had] wired up previously. what is this cable, someone?
        nine.

Comment

Links aren't working

Edit: Okay now they are. That looks like the right cable to me, if the input is the same as the Opus 150. I'm going to take a wild stab at this and say the other one is an input cable the guy had wired up to test the thing by running it off the 12v of a normal desktop power supply.

Comment

they were still uploading to ftp...
            nine.

Comment

Editing in stuff messes stuff up doesn't it...anyway, see above

Comment

man now i am so confused

Comment

which one plugs in where on the unit?

Comment

one one shown in post #4 plugs onto the opus board. it feeds the opus 12vbatt, 12ign, and ground.

Comment

Maybe the tiny pic midway down on this link will help:

http://www.opussolutions.com/modules...article&sid=20

Does not show much but may help with orientation.

As I recall, the Opus 150W supply I have was Red = Batt + (and fused close to the battery, I think I used a 10 or 15 Amp fuse), Black = Ground (Opus recommended that it be grounded at the battery) and yellow was going to the Acc. line from the radio which I think is normally yellow as well. Opus recommended 12 Gauge wire be used for the 150 Watt supply, but some people perfer a lower gauge which won't hurt. Some people have suggested an AMP wireing kit would be a good to use.

As for the plugs, it looks like the person who had it before you just put a Molex connector on one end for some reason. The funny 3 prong end with the tabs is the one your OPUS needs.

Again, be sure to put a fuse on the positive as close to the battery as possible.
                      "Protecting Privacy and Free Speech Online"
                      http://www.eff.org/

Comment

here i have both cables and their connections on the opus. the smaller one shown [top] is the one i had wired in at the beginning of this thread. When plugged in, the LED would blink once, space, once...etc etc. which meant it was working properly. but it would not power up my motherboard. This one is the mystery cable.

the second cable, the bottom one in the photo [which i wired up after i was so kindly rebuked in this thread], also caused the LED to blink once, space, once...etc etc...but this one powered up the motherboard.

closeup of where the mystery cable plugs in. i have read the manual over and over and i am sure i am missing something.
                        nine.

Comment

OK the mystery cable is for remote trigger. The yellow and black do nothing but the red one is the remote trigger for turning on amps ETC. It sends 12v down it after either 10seconds or 40seconds, depending on your revision on Opus

Comment

wow thanks
                            nine.

Comment

Working...
                            X