No announcement yet.

2 OPUS and seperate power source for Video & sound card

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 OPUS and seperate power source for Video & sound card

What would be the best way to connect two OPUS together to give me 300watt of power ?

I know if I wire them in in parallel then the voltage will stay the same. So in this case do I just wire the wires the goes to the molex plug in parallel ?

Another question is, will I be able to supply power to the sound and video card seperately ? Or does it have to get power from the mother board ?

If I could supply to them seperately, then I could use one OPUS for motherboard, ram, harddrive, DVD, fan, etc, and the other OPUS for the sound and video card plus a few LCD screen.

Will my idea work ?

I am just preparing myself IN CASE if one OPUS is not sufficient for my system.
    Thanks for anyone's input.
    Honda Lagreat Carputer Project. Mobile Entertainment

Full Spec for mods check out:

why not just wire up your different things to different power supplies. like motherboard and hard drive to one and sound and lilliput to another etc etc

Anything plugged into the PCI or AGP bus derives some power through the motherboard, so you won't be able to individually power those.

What kind of system do you plan to install?
        Do you plan to use an high end video card (with Molex power plug) with high end cpu and a lot of disks?
        Instead of bridging all the connectors you may want to try bridging only grounds: I think it's safer and the voltage will stay in the tolerances. Use the first unit only for the MB/lcd and the other for drives/video card.
        If you plan to do so, ask to opus support: they'll surely have an answer.

Installation: 90% complete - fiberglassing
        EPIA M10000 - 512Mb - 20GB
        Lilliput 7" TS - Opus 150W PCB - DLink USB Radio - slim CD-ROM - SoundBlaster MP3+ - not so crappy 40x4 Amp - BU303 GPS (waiting for) - BT support