Automotive power supply for MII - in Via's new Newsletter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automotive power supply for MII - in Via's new Newsletter

I see that the Aplusmobile m-series power supply is now in Via's latest newsletter on the front page with a link to their web site's power page. And they are also a Via product partner it looks like.

Anyone have one of these yet and how do they like it?

This would be perfect for what I am doing, in that I do not need any optical drives in the box. I am using all USB stuff and live in hot clim. And I am using a really small custom box so this would fit nice.

(btw the site is www.aplusmobile.com and the via newsletter in on the via site but I do not have the URL handy, but it had other power supplies too)

Yep, yep, I got one and I am about to test it out. Will post results as soon as I am done. It will work for drives that operate off of 5V power (laptop HDD and CD drives). Will not operate 12V devices though. There is a 12V pass through on the board. Also, the board does not need external voltage regulation. Regulation is built into the board and will work down to 8V. This is perfect for me cause I am designing my own Startup/Shutdown controller. I got mine from an Ebay auction that the company had. Paid a lot less than what the website price was. Also, last time I checked the site was out of the retail versions.
    Check out my hopefully useful site...

www.hobbybotics.com

It's still under design but it is functional

Comment

Wow that is small and it looks pretty good. Didn't see anything (although i skimmed) about a shutdown controller
      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

They offer a shutdown controller on their site as a separate item. If you look at the pic of the controller you will see a bS2 on the board.

www.hobbybotics.com

Comment

Interesting. It says it will work at 8.5V. Does this mean it will survive cranking???
          The 2007 Scion tC + Infill G4 Project | DVDxml.com

Comment

It should have no problem surviving crank, but I will be testing that theory shortly. First I'll test it on my work bench with my test supply and I'll start cranking the voltage down until the PC shuts off to see how that does. Then I'll hook it up in the car and test it there.

www.hobbybotics.com

Comment

When will you have this ****** in hand?

Comment

I got's it already, hooking it up on the bench as I type

www.hobbybotics.com

Comment

So, does it doesn't have a shutdown controller then?

Comment

No shutdown controller. That is a separate product that the company sells.

www.hobbybotics.com

Comment

What the price on this thing go for with a shutdown controller? Cheaper than opus?

Comment

Don't see a price on the site for the shutdown controller but they list the pwr supply for 149.00. I paid a lot cheaper for mine by like 70 bucks. Probably come out better buying an opus if they are selling the pwr supply itself for 150. They do have contact information so you could try to contact them if you wish.

www.hobbybotics.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. Keep us updated on how that thing does!

Comment

Working...
                          X