12v Power Supply at MP3Car.com store

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v Power Supply at MP3Car.com store

I did a search and didn't see any write ups yet.
    Also, please no 'Just get an opus' comments.

200w Snap-On Miniature 12v DC Power Supply for $59.99

http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...29a817b694f645

The last statement listed is:
    Cool power. The PW-200 dc-dc quiet power supply generates a cool 200w of power. The PW-200 provides plenty of power for your CPU and peripherals.

Designed to meet the most demanding fanless power operations the PS-201 dc-dc converter delivers cool power for ultra compact, light designs. This unit is 100% Silent. The PS-201 mini PSU is a 100% silent dc to dc solution. No fans, no noise, just power for your silent and small PC.

This unit provides enough power for the Mini-ITX board as well as a hard drive and CDROM drive. Do not use it with a 3.5" HD or CDROM drive without the ITPS regulator.

Do you think this is a good option if someone would get this Power Supply and the ITPS regulator for $38. Sounds like a $100 dollar option.

Disclaimer:
    I personally use an inverter hardwired to a switch and to my battery. I'm very happy with it, no noice, no complaints. Buy I'm always looking to see what else is out there.
    --------
    mykolJay
    99 Accord coupe
    http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
    My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Trouble is...use the ITPS and it is no longer a 200W supply. It will only supply 200w if the input is unregulated...and if its unregulated it passes the supplied unregulated voltage on the '12V' line. If you want to use it then ther Carnetix is probably a better bet instead of the ITPS.
    EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
    Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
    XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Devices like this are much more useful for robotics than for carpcs.

Comment

Originally posted by pip
        Trouble is...use the ITPS and it is no longer a 200W supply. It will only supply 200w if the input is unregulated...and if its unregulated it passes the supplied unregulated voltage on the '12V' line. If you want to use it then ther Carnetix is probably a better bet instead of the ITPS.

The inlet it's a 12V but do you know how many watts? Because i wanted to test it at home before i put it in the car, and i found a AC to DC 12V 6Watts converter. I was woundering if i could use that to power the power supply...?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by KraZThug
          The inlet it's a 12V but do you know how many watts? Because i wanted to test it at home before i put it in the car, and i found a AC to DC 12V 6Watts converter. I was woundering if i could use that to power the power supply...?

Thx
          NVM I WAS LOOKING AT THE INPUT OF THE TRANSFORMER ITS (12V 200mA OUTPUT) WOULD THIS BE OK TO RUN MY SNAP-ON POWER SUPPLY?

Comment

Not even close. You need a lot more than 2/10 of an amp!
            think of it this way: 2/10A X 12v = 2.4w

Here's something we put together just for you:
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68636
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
              Not even close. You need a lot more than 2/10 of an amp!
              think of it this way: 2/10A X 12v = 2.4w

Here's something we put together just for you:
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68636

Thx for the great info buddy.

-Joel

Comment

Working...
              X