help need alternative to opus/carnetix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help need alternative to opus/carnetix

i just bought a barebones VIA EPIA M10000 system from Caseoutlet.com and i got it with the travla case that has the built in powersupply.. so i need to get a regulated 12V in. my question is where can i get a 12V regulator and which i can use with an ITPS ...?

i know a carnetix 1260 will do what i need but.. they are out of stock any one have one they want to sell to me? how much do they cost btw? i couldnt find this info since the carnetix store is closed for now.

i dont want to get the opus since 1) i already have a DC PS that comes with the case and 2) its way to expensive

I did the and read through many pages and im still lost...

thanx in advance.

Lev
    hardware: 7"lilli mx440 pci,M10k/160GB/slim-slot DVD-CDRW/Hifonics ZEUS ZX8000,CNX1260,DConnex GPS,Powermate,usb WiFi
    software: XP Home/Media Car/RoadRunner/IGuidance 2.0
    Car: 2002 Ford Focus SVT

Send Mike at Carnetix an email, he might even have one available (i think he has been able to do this for others in the past)

I've used an ITPS and a Carnetix, and since getting the Carnetix, there is no way in hell the ITPS will get anywhere near my car.

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

i just emailed mike.. he was out of stock and was waiting for more.. i'm waiting for one also.
      View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

OK, so he is actually OOS.

I still recommend waiting, you won't be disappointed when you do get it. There really is no other alternative that works under any condition that I have thrown at it (other than the Opus)

Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
          Send Mike at Carnetix an email, he might even have one available (i think he has been able to do this for others in the past)

I've used an ITPS and a Carnetix, and since getting the Carnetix, there is no way in hell the ITPS will get anywhere near my car.

Garry

I second this notion, carnetix rocks!!! I also have had both and would never in my life recommend an ITPS or ever use one.

I still have my old ITPS and PW-70A I don't want to sell them cuz I would feel bad for anyone buying it.
          VWMAN
          "Live Long And Prosper"

car: VW Cabriolet '90
          puter: M10000(toasted), Lilliput, CarNetix

Comment

what is the price of a carnetix 1260?
            hardware: 7"lilli mx440 pci,M10k/160GB/slim-slot DVD-CDRW/Hifonics ZEUS ZX8000,CNX1260,DConnex GPS,Powermate,usb WiFi
            software: XP Home/Media Car/RoadRunner/IGuidance 2.0
            Car: 2002 Ford Focus SVT

Comment

Check out this thread. He had one for sale. Maybe he still has it. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33038

BTW, I'd wait to get one if you can't find one used beforehand. It's worth it.

Comment

Working...
              X