AC-DC converter for opus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC-DC converter for opus?

I'm gonna be building my system in a aluminum briefcase(same case different seller) and for times when I take it out of my car I was thinking about getting a AC-DC converter. My question is this; would a convertor like this produce enough amperage to run a system? I'm thinking not (90W/12V=7.5A>1), but maybe I'm something isn't clicking. Anyways that was the biggest one I saw on radioshack.com. Will it work anyways since I'm calculating with peak power not actual draw? Does anyone know another source that has adapters putting out more current?

If I can find one that works I will ditch whatever connector is on the adapter and replace it with a 4pin cb mic plug and connect the male version to the opus. On the connector side I'll short the pins going to the 12v and ign on the opus. I chose this connector over say a 3pin connector because the cb mic plug screws onto the jack.

90W Opus
    M10000
    256M DDR
    3.5 40G HDD
    Kefka_Killer.owns(you);

This will power an 90w opus:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=22-506
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

So will this, and it's cheaper and lower profile - though the power supply above would be more useful for other projecting, if you're so inclined.

http://store.yahoo.com/ituner/ac12v9aswpoa.html

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys.
        Kefka_Killer.owns(you);

Comment

Just fyi, I use a standard ATX PSU and hook in the 12 volts straight to the opus and it works like a charm. just in case you have a spare one lurking around.
          VIA EPIA 533 MHz
          256 MB RAM
          7" Lilliput VGA Touchscreen
          20 gig HD
          Media Engine 2.1.4
          GPS - Earthmate/SA2004
          802.11b Connectivity

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins

actually there is a 50!!! amp model too. I used to work at radio shack. you have to order it. i think its like $99 or something. a guy i knew used to use em to jump start helicopters so i know they will power an opus or welder.... or your house... either or..
            When in doubt, moo at things.

Comment

Working...
            X