Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto boot without Auto start

Hi all,
    what I want to know is if it possible to get your car pc to boot at the same time you remotely open your car? I have not started my project yet, but I am planning on using an opus as this seems the best from what I have read in the forums. I have searched and seen that people have talked abot doing this with a remote start. This is not really what I want to do. Will there be a problem with doing this, as it will mean that there will be an engine crank at some point during startup?
    Cheers
    Ben
    Hardware:- VIA EPIA MII 12000 LVDS 1.2Ghz : 137.95 + 512Mb PC2100 DDR Memory : 49.34 + Opus 150w Shuttle PSU: 128 + 7 Lilliput 629 Touchscreen: 173.90 + 2.5 40Gb 5200rpm Laptop Drive + Slotload Laptop CD-RW/DVD-ROM + Hauppage WinTV-PCI-FM : 53.95

Yes, you find the circuit that powers the locks open when you hit the remote, coming off of the remote box not the actual car circuit, and put it to your start button. However it will cause problems as most CarPC's will not stay running when starting as the starter pulls too many amps from the battery.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

Just curious what kind of car... I was thinking about a few friends of mine have bypassed the progressive unlock in their GM cars (camaros and firebirds)... they set things up so when you push the unlock button once, it unlocks BOTH (or all doors) and then IF you hit the unlock a second time it would turn on the stereo or lighting... pretty easy mod... if your car has progressive unlock (one push for drivers door, two for all), it should be pretty easy to do this to. Just an idea.

TTYL!
      Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

Comment

Sorry, just updated my profile, it's a 1995 BMW 318is.
        At the moment it does not have remote locking, but I am having it fitted this week. I'm sure linking the pc to the locks will not be hard, my only worry is wether it will survive the crank. I guess I could just give it a try. Or maybe therte is a way round it. Not sure if this is worth the hassle just to save a few seconds of waiting for the pc to boot.
        Cheers
        Ben
        Hardware:- VIA EPIA MII 12000 LVDS 1.2Ghz : 137.95 + 512Mb PC2100 DDR Memory : 49.34 + Opus 150w Shuttle PSU: 128 + 7 Lilliput 629 Touchscreen: 173.90 + 2.5 40Gb 5200rpm Laptop Drive + Slotload Laptop CD-RW/DVD-ROM + Hauppage WinTV-PCI-FM : 53.95

Comment

Originally posted by phatbenny
          Sorry, just updated my profile, it's a 1995 BMW 318is.
          At the moment it does not have remote locking, but I am having it fitted this week. I'm sure linking the pc to the locks will not be hard, my only worry is wether it will survive the crank. I guess I could just give it a try. Or maybe therte is a way round it. Not sure if this is worth the hassle just to save a few seconds of waiting for the pc to boot.
          Cheers
          Ben
          If you use an OPUS PSU there's no problem in surviving cranck...
          I'll spout simplistic opinions for hours on end.
          Ridicule anyone who disagrees with me,
          and generally foster divisiveness,
          cynicism and lower level of public dialog!

Comment

Working...
          X