Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini-box coming out with new combined dc-dc psu, volt regulator & shutdown controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini-box coming out with new combined dc-dc psu, volt regulator & shutdown controller

Supposedly available in the next 4-6 weeks. Sounds sweet:

The M1-ATX will be 80-90watts and it will work from 6-30 volts. It will also provide 9 timing schemes (available via user selectable jumpers).
    Much better than a ITPS + PW-80 combined....

This is no P4/AMD material... The 12V rail can deliver only 3A. mini-ITX from VIA will certainly work.
    We should have the board ready in ~4-6 weeks.
    Unfortunately for my I want to drive an AMD microATX motherboard so I still have to get the PW-120/200 & buy/build some kind of voltage regulator (leaning towards a 5.1Ah sealed lead acid battery + maybe the ITPS).
    Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
    Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
    Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Originally posted by Arathranar
    Snip
    Unfortunately for my I want to drive an AMD microATX motherboard so I still have to get the PW-120/200 & buy/build some kind of voltage regulator (leaning towards a 5.1Ah sealed lead acid battery + maybe the ITPS).
    Have you considered an OPUS?
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Once the opus is in the ~$100 price range for a 120w/200w, I'll definitely get one. As of now, they're a bit too pricey.
      Carputer - 100% Complete!
      1993 Mazda MX-6 - 100% Totalled!
      Bought new 1995 Saab 900SE Turbo - Need new Micro ATX Case (Simple 101 case maybe?)

Comment

any links or pictures?
        '96 Chevy Cavalier - EPIA M10000, Win2K,MediaCar, Deluo GPS Mouse with Routis, 60GB external HD, 7" widescreen monitor from DigitalWW.

'00 Jeep Wrangler - planning stage

What can BROWN do for you?

Comment

Why on earth would I buy an Opus? The PW-120 or PW-200 are only $50 and are 200W and they're tiny. The opus loses on (I believe) every single possible point of comparson.

Comment

It's mentioned in the power faq on www.mini-box.com. Everything I posted above came from email conversations with a guy a mini-box when I asked about it.

Comment

Get a Mastero

Get a Mastero 4.1 . 200 Watt and integrated shutdown controller.

This guy knows what he's doing.

Mastero, You're the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Zznakie
                Get a Mastero 4.1 . 200 Watt and integrated shutdown controller.

This guy knows what he's doing.

Mastero, You're the best.
                Those look like they're DIY kits only, and for a guy like me with absolutely no soldering skills, 100 euros is pretty pricey if I have to pay someone to put it together for me on top of that.
                Bought new 1995 Saab 900SE Turbo - Need new Micro ATX Case (Simple 101 case maybe?)

Comment

And PW-120/200 + ITPS is probably cheaper and certainly a lot simpler.

Comment

Why on earth would I buy an Opus? The PW-120 or PW-200 are only $50 and are 200W and they're tiny. The opus loses on (I believe) every single possible point of comparson.
                    I thought the same things as I had bought a PW120 some time back... of course I bought it before I had done any research... now I have learned a few things and have found plenty of info stating that the PW120 is rated higher but the 12V output of the power supply ISN'T regulated... the 5V stuff is but NOT the 12V... this means that your components can receive the full max of your charging system (up to 14.4V in most cases)... the ITPS will regulate the 12V up to like 60W... I'm gonna get the Opus once I get the cash together... not worth the chances with my stuff. Just my 2... Later!
                    Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

Comment

I'm curious to hear if anyone has bought a PW-120 and ITPS and has had any success or failures with it. Conjecture is all well and good, I'd like to know how it performs in the real world.

Comment

And PW-120/200 + ITPS is probably cheaper and certainly a lot simpler.
                        It is a quality unit that has better specifications. I asked if you had considered one... I did not tell you what to buy or even suggest it. Sounds like you have already made up your mind. If that is true why did you post?
                        TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Does the Opus automatically turn on the computer like the ITPS?
                          Quick! To the Popemobile!

Comment

They only work up to the stated power if the 12V is unregulated, which in most cases is a really bad idea. Once regulated the available power is far lower. The opus is far superior in regulating power and startup/shutdown control. It is however a lot more money as you've noticed. I also think that the ITPS is not that great at regulating the power....mine was fried within days. The ITPS will often not provide power during crank.

If you want the best bang for the buck then the PW-120 and carnetix conbination sounds really interesting.
                            EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
                            Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
                            XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by BiohazrD
                              Does the Opus automatically turn on the computer like the ITPS?
                              Info on the OPUS
                              http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=30

I bet you could have found this.
                              TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Working...
                              X