MSI Mega 180

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI Mega 180

Anybody know if an opus will fit in a MSI Mega 180?

and...will the opus help prevent a dead battery with it's voltage regulator?

I've gone out to my car a few times and my battery was dead because I leave my inverter on. If I turn off the inverter after putting my carputer in standby...it kills the standby.

What does everyone else do about standby? Because I thought the opus kills all power to the computer after shutting it down?
    [********--] About 90%
    Done for the most part. Except tweaking the software.
    '96 Ford Exploror, m100000, 7" lilliput molded into dash, mini ps2 keyboard from gaming store, Windows XP, Frodo.

With hack saw, dremel, and sheer madness, anythings possible...

As far as standby, I use hibernate. With a P4 processor, I come out of hibernation in about 3 seconds.
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Do you have to keep some kind of power connected to your computer to come out of hibernate?

I think if I put my computer into hibernate...and then turn off my inverter, then it's no longer in hibernate.
      [********--] About 90%
      Done for the most part. Except tweaking the software.
      '96 Ford Exploror, m100000, 7" lilliput molded into dash, mini ps2 keyboard from gaming store, Windows XP, Frodo.

Comment

My daughter has a Mega 180 and with the CPU and huge heatsink/fan, there is barely enough room to connect the wires.

I also believe there would be heat issues since it already runs hotter due to everything being crammed in such a small space (hence the need for the big heatsink).

Comment

Originally posted by tczbu
          Do you have to keep some kind of power connected to your computer to come out of hibernate?

I think if I put my computer into hibernate...and then turn off my inverter, then it's no longer in hibernate.
          no hibernate does not requre power, standby does however
          Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

Hibernate=no power. I even have my computer shut off my inverter when it powers down to hibernate.
            Tidder

Try RevFE
            The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Mega 180

I'm using my Mega 180 as a carputer. It's a pain in the arse to set up; but it can be done (However, after all the crap I've gone through with it I wouldn't recommend using it for a carputer.)

You can hack off the aluminum drive bracket to give considerably more airflow to the case. I no longer needed the drive bracket anyhow because I am using a laptop hard drive and laptop DVD-ROM drive.

Also if you remove the power supply and replace it with a DC/DC it helps substantially with the air flow and case temp.

I am using an M2-ATX DC/DC power supply that takes up 1/4 the size of the original PSU, but in order for the onboard sound and Front display panel to work I had to cut the CN3 connector off of the original PSU and do a little bit of soldering to a female Molex connecter, which I then plugged into the M2-ATX.

I also soldered a DC jack, amplifier on jack, ignition input jack, and home/car mode switch on the back of the case, which I would have done for any other computer system, but it certainly hasn't been a plug and play setup.
              Current:
              2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 20" KMC Rockstars | 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers | Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper | Kicker KX350.4 amp

Comment

Working...
              X