dashwerks shutdown controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dashwerks shutdown controller

i just got the dssc shutdown controller it works great. i wired my inverter ,amp and screen to it .it has a time delay for my amp and screen .it workd like a ITPS but much better .the installation instructions need to be more detailed but i got great phone tech suport.
    10.5 lcd touchscreen ,shuttle XPC,AMD +2100, 512 DDR, 120 GB drive ,slot dvd,Dashwerks shutdown controller,GPS, XM Direct

can post a link please to lazy to search thank you. lol

Comment

Originally posted by kickercivic1
      can post a link please to lazy to search thank you. lol
      www.dashwerks.com
      10.5 lcd touchscreen ,shuttle XPC,AMD +2100, 512 DDR, 120 GB drive ,slot dvd,Dashwerks shutdown controller,GPS, XM Direct

Comment

There is one just like it, but even better on ebay. Search ebay for "carputer". It's got everything of the dashwerks plus several extra features. Once you find it on ebay, there is a link to their website on the page.

ColdPhreze
        14" LCD, EPIA MII-10000, 256MB, Wireless LAN, GPS, CDRW/DVD, ELM Scan,
        200wRMS inverter (for the screen), CarPC Pro v2.4 Power Controller,
        2 12" Pioneer Premiers, Sony 6x9s, Sony Xplode Class D mono block, Pheonix Gold A/B amp for highs

Comment

Originally posted by ColdPhreze
          There is one just like it, but even better on ebay. Search ebay for "carputer". It's got everything of the dashwerks plus several extra features. Once you find it on ebay, there is a link to their website on the page.

ColdPhreze
          Yes thats right...but I think that thread mentioning the SDC from ebay got deleted again

Comment

Yeah, it prolly did. However, I heard from the maker of that SDC that mp3car may soon sell it. They didn't have any details though.

ColdPhreze
            2 12" Pioneer Premiers, Sony 6x9s, Sony Xplode Class D mono block, Pheonix Gold A/B amp for highs

Comment

$60 thats to much

Comment

For what it does, how many features, I'd gladly pay more. You pay a premium for opus, and it doesn't even do that much. A reasonable price for OPUS would be $100. Besides, there is a cheaper version of the power controller on their website that doesn't do the temperature stuff.

Let alone that it controls inverter, amps, PC and monitors temperatures, but it also deals with the thump problem when the pc turns on and off, which is a big problem. That thump can kill amps and subs, and can be a real nussiance because it can cause the amps to go into protect mode. To me, it well worth it to not have all those hassles, to have peace of mind when I walk away from my car that the battery will NEVER be dead from my PC, and to be able to jump in the car drive off, park, jump out, and have nothing to worry about. It's also worth it to know heat will never kill my hard drive, and that the hard drive will never be damaged because it tries to spin up when it is too cold (which causes the heads to warp very slightly and scrapes the platters on the hard drive).

There is nothing out there that gives you all that, let alone that the board is only 4 square inches (about 2.5"x1.6"), comes with all the connectors, a Paper manual, AND a 1 year warranty. I thought it was quite a deal!

ColdPhreze

Comment

It's also worth it to know heat will never kill my hard drive, and that the hard drive will never be damaged because it tries to spin up when it is too cold (which causes the heads to warp very slightly and scrapes the platters on the hard drive).

Cool idea...so you are saying it will only allow the PC to operate at the right temp?

If its too cold it wont start the PC, if it get too hot it will shutdown?

Comment

Yes and Yes.

ColdPhreze

Comment

Am I missing something. Where does it say on the site, it has a temperature safety feature?

Comment

Not the DSSC, but the one I was talking about in a post above. It does much more than the DSSC. It can be found on ebay by searching for "carputer"

Coldphreze

Comment

i think im going to have to order a DSSC, lol would make my life easier.
                          1990 Jeep Cherokee
                          2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                          2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by WebDog
                            i think im going to have to order a DSSC, lol would make my life easier.

i dont trust ebay that much when they keep removing their sales

so i bought the dashwerks dssc and it works well it does not do the temp

monitoring but it is a proven piece of equipment

Comment

I not a real big fan of the temp sensor, it's nice in theory but I can usually tell if it is hot/cold enough to damage my hardrive. Besides I would like to have control over wheather the PC starts up even if the temp is techniclly out of range. I have the carnetix P1260 which has a very good startup/shutdown controller, prevents speaker thump, has status LED's not, battery voltage monitoring, not to mention the fact that it has a 60W 12VDC voltage supply that survives a crank. It's only $25 more than the dashwerks and $15 more than the mystery ebay controller. I think this is best/most economical solution for anyone who does not have or want an OPUS.
                              My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

Working...
                              X