PW-120M, ITPS Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW-120M, ITPS Problems

I dont feel like typing this all over again so here is the email I sent to Ituner.com:

I ordered a PW-120M 12V, 200Watts ATX Micro PSU, and the ITPS for an
    in car system. I hooked it up and it worked for about 2 min. Then,
    the motherboard restarted on it's own and the POST showed the -5v rail
    at 60 Volts! I quickly shut it off. I am not pleased with this at
    all. I was told over the phone that my setup would work. Here is my
    system specs:

3000+ XP under clocked to 100Mhz FSB before being hooked up to the ITPS and PSU

2x256 DDR400 under clocked to 100Mhz before being hooked up to the ITPS and PSU

Biostar M7NCG400 version 7.8

On board Audio, GeForce 4MX

Xenarc 7" Touchscreen (not running through the ITPS or PSU)

I would like to know what to do to get my system working. If it is a
    faulty product, I would like a replacement sent. Please respond with
    any questions you may have of me and instructions on how I can get my
    system up and running. If replacement parts are needed, I need to
    receive them as soon as passable.

SPC Ryan Auslam
    USA

Any Ideas on the problem?

the itps only allows 60w, you are probably drawing a lot more than 60w with that system
    Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

So they told me the 60W ITPS would work with THEIR PSU thats rated at 200W?

Comment

it does work, you will just only get 60w, over 120w of that psu is unregulated 12v anyway

Comment

So what should I do? How can I see How may watts I'm pulling? I=E/R right? I need a refresher. It's been a long time since hight school.

Comment

Originally posted by arise360
            PW-120M and the ITPS......3000+ XP
            Umm....seriously doubt 60w will power that setup! It wont barely run my M10000 and a full size hard drive (it WONT when I connect a full size rom as well).

here is a wattage calculator to get you started
            2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

the 3000+ is running at 1Ghz, with 100Mhz FSB.

Comment

use something like this http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/
                looks like your CPU will be using more than 60w alone, i think this site does overestimate though, and it will use significantly less if its underclocked

Comment

...but even the slowest processors listed still use upwards of 40 watts...the mobo will make that an easy 60, let alone memory and drives, video card, ect.
                  2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

130W from that web site.

Comment

Hey i need someone to help. Ok i read here that the itps outputs 70w not 60. Let me know if im wrong please. I had gotten a pm from someone wich got me thinking. I have a few questions, id like to learn.
                      1. what is the wattage output of a car battery
                      2. how does the pw70a's and stuff create their watt output.
                      3. If the pw70a can creat 100-120w from the car battery. Why can it not creat it from the 70w output from the itps?
                      I just got to thinking about it. So anyone out there that knows, please tell me. Ima go read and do some calculations i learned and see if i can figure it out as well.

Thanks,
                      J
                      I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                      Buy Sell or Trade
                      If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                      Thank you
                      Forex
                      Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jjh221
                        Hey i need someone to help. Ok i read here that the itps outputs 70w not 60. Let me know if im wrong please. I had gotten a pm from someone wich got me thinking. I have a few questions, id like to learn.
                        1. what is the wattage output of a car battery
                        2. how does the pw70a's and stuff create their watt output.
                        3. If the pw70a can creat 100-120w from the car battery. Why can it not creat it from the 70w output from the itps?
                        I just got to thinking about it. So anyone out there that knows, please tell me. Ima go read and do some calculations i learned and see if i can figure it out as well.

Thanks,
                        J
                        1. most car batterys can put out several hundred amps for a short period of time, however realistically you are limited by your alternator because if you draw more power than your alternator puts out the battery will never charge back up again, make sense? I know my alternator is about 70A (840w)
                        2. what? power supplies dont create power they just take electrical energy and output regulated power at specivic voltages
                        3. because the itps can only put out a certain amount of power, so the pw-70 only recieves a certain amount of power, remember energy cannot be created or destroyed, just converted to other forms

Comment

Ok i think i need to find out how many amps the itps puts out. Watts = Volts x Amps

Edit ok now i have to figure out how the pw70a works. How it creats its output
                          I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                          Buy Sell or Trade
                          Thank you
                          Forex
                          Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

ohh and i think you might be correct, looks like its about 72 watts if i'm readoing that page correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Nic
                              ohh and i think you might be correct, looks like its about 72 watts if i'm readoing that page correctly
                              How did ya come up with 72w?
                              I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                              Buy Sell or Trade
                              Thank you
                              Forex
                              Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X