Anywhere in UK to buy a carnetix?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anywhere in UK to buy a carnetix?

I have a pile of parts in front of me to be my own tank circuit etc to use with my regulated morex 60w supply and I have just realised that I just can't be bothered to build it!

What I want to do is just BUY a carnetix PSU, but I can't find anywhere in the UK to get one from, these people http://www.car-pc.org.uk/home/ are the only ones listed by carnetix, but are just running from an Ebay store at the mo' and have no 'buy it now' option.

I would buy from the mp3car shop, but $35 shipping hurts!

Anyone any ideas?

Steve
    ....Yes, I know it has a stupid name, those crazy Japanese!

mp3oplecarrier
    What I want to do is just BUY a carnetix PSU, but I can't find anywhere in the UK to get one from
    Things are changing fast. Check now
    MikeH

Comment

That link wasn't there an hour ago!

Spooky....

Comment

Thanks for the link Mike, they may not have updated their site yet (or I just can't find the product!) Could you just have a quick look and see if you can find it?

Cheers
        Steve

Comment

i got one into UK today - looks great!!

Comment

I like the specs and the fact that I wont have to arse about building it, I just want to keep my suppliers 'local' after my experience with buying a lilliput from Ebay (UK supplied, oops we've run out, we'll send you one from Hong Kong)...

Comment

LinITX are getting them very, very soon (Edit: Should be here beginning of next week as I've just found out)

I've ordered a few things from them and not had a single problem with them Great company to work with

Garry
              Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
              www.aimee.cc

Comment

The carnetix is now listed on LinITX.

http://linitx.com/product_info.php?products_id=582

In stock on the 15th according to the website.

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
                : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
                : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

Don't you just love it when it all comes together?

Comment

This is 57.58 inc VAT on LinITX.com, and a further 7.55 for delivery - total of 65.13

Yet I have a email from Mike @ Carnetix; The price of the P1260 is $84.95USD. Shipping to the UK has been averaging about $12USD via USPS airmail. That totals $96.95USD which equates to 50.77.

That's a saving of 15 quid, plus you don't have to wait til the 12th to order it!!!!

Luke

Comment

Because of falling price of the US dollar, it might be cheaper to pay more shipping costs and pay less on the currency conversion.

Comment

Don't forget that you'll have to pay VAT when it enters the UK.

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
                        : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
                        : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

So is this a good replacement for my 90w OPUS? (which is annoying the hell out of me by randomly turning itself off!)

I've got a cubid case with the original power supply (which I believe you need with this?)
                          Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Ninja,

It might be. It depends on what you are tying to power. Take a look at these power measurements . You need to make sure you're not pushing the current limit of 5 amps for the P1260. If the Opus is shutting off, you may be over its power limit.

What do you have in your system?
                            MikeH

Comment

Just:

VIA EPIA 800
                              120GB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
                              USB BU-303 GPS Mouse
                              USB Bluetooth Adapter

Also have a USB sound card which I may use if the sound quality is better.

Oh, and I've also got a lilli, but im not taking the power from the psu.

I'm pretty sure my opus is simply on it's way out. It was working fine for months and now it's playing up big time. My charging system is fine.
                              Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X