Morex and EPIA 10K Power-On Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morex and EPIA 10K Power-On Problems

Ok guys, I've searched like crazy on this one, to no avail.

For some reason, My Morex 80w car PSU (powering EPIA 10k) won't power on when I press the button for the first time. It just sorta "clicks" and doesn't power on, but when I press the button the second time, it powers on fine.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I think it's only started happening since I started running the PSU from my cars power (as opposed to the 12 AC/DC converter).

My Xenarc also goes to "Power off" the first time the damn thing actually boots, and I have to reboot just to get the Xenarc to come on, but that's another issue I think.

I have the same problem with my morex 80w PSU and my EPIA MII 6000E

I found out that I had a bad cable going to the power on plug on the morex which gave me problems.

I also noticed u need to hold the on button a bit longer than just a quick push for the morex to boot right you might wanna try a button that holds the click for 1sec or so.

Try pushing it for 1 second then letting go my works fine when i do this
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

Comment

Awesome, I'll try this, thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by NiN^_^NiN
        I also noticed u need to hold the on button a bit longer than just a quick push for the morex to boot right you might wanna try a button that holds the click for 1sec or so.

Try pushing it for 1 second then letting go my works fine when i do this
        I tried this and it didn't seem to help. However, I changed the Bios setting: "Resume on AC Loss" or whatever, and this seems to have fixed the issue. It also seems to have fixed the Xenarc issue mentioned above.

Comment

Im glad u worked it out i might have to see if it helps me as i just wanna push the putton not hold it there for a second
          CarPC Status:
          GPS: 99%
          Hardware: 99%
          Software: 92%
          Case Install: 99.9%
          Dash Install: 100%
          Car Install: 72%

Comment

Working...
          X